FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » fudForum within a trusted intranet
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #34980] Wed, 29 November 2006 20:58 Go to next message
dbair is currently offline  dbair   United States
I currently have an intranet site that is not visible from the outside world (internet). I would like to implement fudForum into the existing site and use the login/cookies I already use. I do not wish to have users log in to the forum area once they have logged in to the main sited. Is this possible to configure with fudForum?

Thanks in advance!
David
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #34986 is a reply to message #34980] Thu, 30 November 2006 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah, you can use forum_login.php script to authenticate the user into a forum from a 3rd party application.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #34989 is a reply to message #34986] Thu, 30 November 2006 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! I will check that out!
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #34990 is a reply to message #34989] Thu, 30 November 2006 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there some place I can go to where I can learn how to use these additional scripts like forum_login.php? I have looked through lots of your code, the manual, several posts on this site but am unable to determine how to allow existing users to access the site without having to login first.
With the intranet site I maintain, all users log in to that site. I set a cookie. Can I use that cookie with Fud to validate the logged in status?
How do I use forum_login.php?
I would really like to use fudforum for our purposes, but have been instructed to not require yet another login... Confused

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.
David
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #34991 is a reply to message #34990] Thu, 30 November 2006 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see several postings related to the use of FUDAPI and forum_login.php. However, I do not see how to incorporate the great functions!
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #35003 is a reply to message #34991] Fri, 01 December 2006 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another question. Where can I find documentation on how to use and access the various features available (forum_login, fudapi, etc.) but apparently not detailed in the manual (maual.html)?

Thanks again... Great product!
David
Re: fudForum within a trusted intranet [message #35007 is a reply to message #35003] Fri, 01 December 2006 15:27 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The docs for forum_login.php and fudapi.inc.php are found within the source code itself.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fast way to eliminate message board spam
Next Topic: Help with fud_add_user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 05:34:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02223 seconds