FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Sort orders, Searching
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Sort orders, Searching [message #35067] Tue, 05 December 2006 14:37 Go to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
Ability to change the sort orders in the groups manager - IE, being able to sort by groupid (equals joindate) or name.

In my install, I also added the field "Last Visited" to show in the groups manager, so I could purge inactive members from "private" usergroups. I also added a little "active" indicator (the original forum unread/read lightbulb) to be turned on, if the user had been active(logged in) on the forums for the last X amount of time. This function I also added to list members etc. (Admin/moderator visible only)

Perhaps the ability to turn on the ability for the user to pick a different sortorder in forums - For example sort by title - This would be helpful for announcement or FAQ type forums. - Perhaps even add a default sortorder from the admin side, then you can just add in the forum description that "This forum is sorted by topic title and not topic creation" or something similair. This could of course be too slow when the user tries to execute a different sortorder or something, I know very little of mysql performance.

When searching the forum, you get results based on some sort of algorythm - Sometimes if I search for something, lets say "Green" (because i want to find out about green cars) then one of the top results, might be: "Re: Green Cars"
How about before, or after that link, you had the ability to click to go to that topics FIRST post (topic start).

Also, when searching, I get the moderator options on the right hand side, which is great, but since I am administrator, I should see all the options (move, delete, lock) directly from the search window, as it is now, I only get to see what options regular moderators have. (On some threads, I can only "delete" for example) - Of course I can fix this by adding myself to all the proper groups and rights etc, but I shouldn't really have to, since I am an Admin - Get my point?

Re: Sort orders, Searching [message #35073 is a reply to message #35067] Tue, 05 December 2006 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you can make a patch I can review it, but at this time no plans to add anything of this sort.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Sort orders, Searching [message #35081 is a reply to message #35067] Tue, 05 December 2006 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bottom (last paragraph) thing is a bug though - Guess I could repost it in the bug thingy if you want?

Re: Sort orders, Searching [message #35083 is a reply to message #35081] Tue, 05 December 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The checks are fine, its just that lock/unlock and move thread options are only available for messages that are topic starters. As the admin the code shows you all the applicable options.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Sort orders, Searching [message #35084 is a reply to message #35067] Tue, 05 December 2006 23:54 Go to previous message
Aha! - Thanks alot Ilia.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: context-sensitive search
Next Topic: UTF-8 for russian language
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:23:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02793 seconds