FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Blank home
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Blank home [message #35461] Fri, 12 January 2007 22:16 Go to next message
NomadDervish is currently offline  NomadDervish   United States
I've gotten fudforum installed and running well enough to run through all the admin configuration options, register a non-admin user, and make a test post, but hitting the "home" link with my non-admin user brings up a completely empty page. ("Completely empty" as in "viewing the page source shows that no data was received, not even an HTML header".) The category/forum listing comes up fine when not logged in or for the admin user. Edit: On further testing, it seems that "home" sometimes works for the admin user and sometimes doesn't. I haven't been able to establish a pattern of when it will work and when it will come up blank.

When this blank page comes up, the error log records the following SQL error:
(.../forum/index.php:95
.../forum/index.php:89
.../forum/theme/default/index.php:151
.../forum/index.php:1219
) : ERROR: argument of OR must be type boolean, not type integer
Query: SELECT m.subject, m.id, m.post_stamp, u.id, u.alias, f.cat_id, f.forum_icon, f.id, f.last_post_id, f.moderators, f.name, f.descr, f.post_count, f.thread_count, fr.last_view, mo.id, COALESCE(g2.group_cache_opt, g1.group_cache_opt) AS group_cache_opt, c.cat_opt & 4 FROM fud26_fc_view v INNER JOIN fud26_cat c ON c.id=v.c INNER JOIN fud26_forum f ON f.id=v.f INNER JOIN fud26_group_cache g1 ON g1.user_id=2147483647 AND g1.resource_id=f.id LEFT JOIN fud26_msg m ON f.last_post_id=m.id LEFT JOIN fud26_users u ON u.id=m.poster_id LEFT JOIN fud26_forum_read fr ON fr.forum_id=f.id AND fr.user_id=3 LEFT JOIN fud26_mod mo ON mo.user_id=3 AND mo.forum_id=f.id LEFT JOIN fud26_group_cache g2 ON g2.user_id=3 AND g2.resource_id=f.id WHERE (mo.id IS NOT NULL OR (COALESCE(g2.group_cache_opt, g1.group_cache_opt)) & 1)>0 ORDER BY v.id
_GET: array ( 't' => 'index', 'SQ' => 'cd83adefadc51fcf968c7ec3d2372819', 'S' => 'eacf9a6cccaa6a6ddb30356e7fb949e5', )
Server Version:
[Referring Page] http://.../forum/index.php?t=login&S=eacf9a6cccaa6a6ddb30356e7fb949e5

I've also seen the parameters on the referring page as t=msg... or t=index...; it's not just logins.

This is using the most current stable fudforum code (just downloaded this morning) on a server running Debian's stable branch and a postgres database.

What do I need to do to resolve this (or at least to investigate it more fully and move in the direction of a solution)?

[Updated on: Sat, 13 January 2007 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blank home [message #35464 is a reply to message #35461] Sun, 14 January 2007 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The fix for this problem in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Blank home [message #35469 is a reply to message #35464] Sun, 14 January 2007 17:22 Go to previous message
NomadDervish is currently offline  NomadDervish   United States
Heh... Figures that you'd post that just as I was banging on theme/default/index.php to create my own fix. Mine seems to work, but I suppose I the one in CVS is less likely to break something else. Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: error installing the forum
Next Topic: Error on step 5
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:07:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02453 seconds