FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » problem syncing to newsgroup
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
problem syncing to newsgroup [message #35558] Sun, 21 January 2007 20:08 Go to next message
rdthoms is currently offline  rdthoms   United States
Just installed FUD and really like the newsgroup feature. I've set it up and it is pulling messages from the nntp server just fine. The problem is that it does not seem to by sending forum posts back to the newsgroup. Here are the relevant settings in the newsgroup rule:

Moderate Newsgroup Posts: NO
Syncronize Forum Posts to Newsgroup: YES
Moderate Forum Posts: NO

When I make a test post to the forum it goes into the forum OK but it does not make it to the newsgroup (checking with another newsgroup reader). I see no error/warning messages.

How is the forum post actually sent to the newsgroup? I thought it was done by the scripts/nntp.php but taking a quick look at that it seems that it only retrieves messages from the newsgroup? (not post them to the newsgroup) so where does the post to nntp take place?

Any other relevent settings that should be checked to make sure a forum post will make it to the newsgroup?

Thanks,
Richard
Re: problem syncing to newsgroup [message #35561 is a reply to message #35558] Mon, 22 January 2007 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see an error message now...

In FUDForum/errors/.nntp/error_log I see:

Failed to recieve proper response to POST command, NNTP server replied: 440 posting not allowed

So I'll be checking with my nntp service provider...

Stay tuned...
Re: problem syncing to newsgroup [message #35971 is a reply to message #35558] Mon, 26 February 2007 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greg is currently offline  greg   China
what nntp server do you use? i have p roblem to use nntp feature. please help
Re: problem syncing to newsgroup [message #35973 is a reply to message #35971] Mon, 26 February 2007 06:10 Go to previous message
I'm using giganews

The problem I had was that I was on a trial account which did not allow posting. Once I moved to the paid account posting was allowed and no problems since.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Moderators issues
Next Topic: Automation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:30:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02451 seconds