FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » phpbb2-nuked conversion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
phpbb2-nuked conversion [message #35858] Sat, 17 February 2007 18:05 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
I don't remember if we ever discussed this before, but I'm in a situation now where I need to import data from a nuked phpbb2 installation. I can provide the data dump if needed or if someone has tested a conversion of this type using the existing phpbb2 conversion script.
Re: phpbb2-nuked conversion [message #35859 is a reply to message #35858] Sat, 17 February 2007 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
I suppose this one could have gone into help. Oh well. Anyway, I wanted to clarify that I am only interested in the forum topics, categories, and userbase.
Re: phpbb2-nuked conversion [message #35862 is a reply to message #35858] Sat, 17 February 2007 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
In attempting to use the phpbb2 conversion script, I received only a white page with no errors and any other messages. I placed a new install of fudforum on the old server with the old data and made the changes as instructed. I called it from a web browser and got nothing.
Re: phpbb2-nuked conversion [message #35867 is a reply to message #35862] Sun, 18 February 2007 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Check your PHP error log to see if any errors were sent there? Also disable output buffering to make sure that converters messages are not being hidden from view.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: phpbb2-nuked conversion [message #35946 is a reply to message #35858] Thu, 22 February 2007 16:17 Go to previous message
Marticus   United States
In order to make this work for me, that is, I wanted to move from phpbb nuke on one host to fudforum on another host, I performed the following steps.

1) Download phpbb2 and install it on the same host with phpbb nuke.
2) Download PHP-Nuke Converter from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=141446 and run it
3) Download and install fudforum to the same host
4) Download FUD's phpbb2 conversion script and run it
5) Download and install fudforum on the new host
6) Dump the sql data from the old host and import it into the new host using phpmyadmin (or mysql-dump tool and mysql clients from cli)

I hope others find this helpful as they move to a much faster, much more secure, and much more cleanly coded fudforum.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Update "Upgrade Documentation"
Next Topic: Email Notification Frequency
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:50:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03050 seconds