FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Bind moderator status to groups
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Bind moderator status to groups [message #35983] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:18 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
Is there a way to easily bind the moderator status to a specific group? I would like to grant moderator status for a group associated with specific set of forums, rather than having to maintain a set of moderator flags for a large group of users. Simply adding them to or removing them from a group will in theory take care of that. Any thoughts?

It would also be cool to bind a custom member link color to a group.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 00:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bind moderator status to groups [message #35992 is a reply to message #35983] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No automatic way I'm afraid you'll need to do this by hand.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bind moderator status to groups [message #36025 is a reply to message #35992] Wed, 28 February 2007 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
I suppose I can write something that checks a group for members and then applies moderator status to forums affected by that group. Was there a add moderator function in the api and where again may I find details on the API? I'm afraid it has been quite a while since I delved into it.
Re: Bind moderator status to groups [message #36027 is a reply to message #35983] Wed, 28 February 2007 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Before I go crazy with this, are there any moderator privileges that can not be assigned by using group permissions, i.e., can moderators do things other than what the default set of group permissions have to offer?
Re: Bind moderator status to groups [message #36033 is a reply to message #36027] Thu, 01 March 2007 00:08 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Group permissions allow to you to assign virtually all moderator like permissions to a user.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: View list of posts since last visit
Next Topic: add page selecter to top
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 11:55:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02414 seconds