FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » User created from mailing list cannot view posts
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36237] Fri, 09 March 2007 14:32 Go to next message
ramsey is currently offline  ramsey   United States
I don't know if this is a bug or a problem with my configuration.

I'm using the Mailing List Manager to sync up a mailing list with my forum, and it seems that new users created from mailing list posts can log in to FUDforum, but they can't see any posts.

I have a forum set up so that anonymous and registered users can view all posts. When I'm an anonymous user, this works fine. When I'm a user that was registered through the forum, this works fine, but when I'm a user that was created from a mailing list post, I can see the forum and how many topics/messages are in the forum, but when I click on the forum to view the list of topics, none show up.

Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere, or is this a bug?

Ben Ramsey
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36238 is a reply to message #36237] Fri, 09 March 2007 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, I went to update the user account settings as that user, and now I can see the forum topics. To confirm: user accounts created from a mailing list post do not seem to be able to view topics until they update their account settings.

Ben Ramsey
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36260 is a reply to message #36238] Sun, 11 March 2007 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you show me the users_opt field value of one of the users who cannot see topics?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36264 is a reply to message #36260] Sun, 11 March 2007 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Users created by the mailing list that have not yet logged in and saved their account settings appear to have a users_opt field value of 4357012.

Ben Ramsey
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36266 is a reply to message #36264] Sun, 11 March 2007 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
if you OR the bitmask by 262144 does it make the messages appear?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36267 is a reply to message #36266] Sun, 11 March 2007 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this something I change in the code directly or in the database?

Ben Ramsey
Re: User created from mailing list cannot view posts [message #36275 is a reply to message #36267] Mon, 12 March 2007 22:51 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Change in the database, if it does the trick I'll send a source code patch.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can not display online user name
Next Topic: Message can not go to newsgroup
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 04:10:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02544 seconds