FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Migrating issues (Moving from Mandrake to Ubuntu box woes)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migrating issues [message #36254] Sun, 11 March 2007 04:42 Go to next message
brianjmurray is currently offline  brianjmurray   United States
We have a server nearing the end of its life hosting egroupware (v 1.0.0.005) and fudforum (v 2.6.0 (FUDeGW)). The new box is running Ubuntu 6.06. The egroupware and egroupware-fudforum packages were installed through apt. This installed egroupware v 1.0.0.009 and fudforum v 2.6.0.
The old data base had been exported using
mysqldump --default-character-set=ascii -l --add-drop-database --add-drop-table -h hostname -u username -p egroupware >egw.sql

This was moved over to the new server and imported into the new database using
mysql -u username -p egroupware --default-character-set=ascii<egw.sql

Everything except FUDForum works. I went through the steps several times with no luck. The way the packages are installed on Ubuntu are set up differently than they were on the Mandrake box. I attempted to tar up the entire web directory and home directory for fudforum and untar them into the smae structure on the new box but this had no affect either. Still everything but FUDForum works. Several of the threads that I've found that seem to be similar speek of moving the files and messages directories but I can't find those on the working server.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the deadline for this move is approaching fast.
Re: Migrating issues [message #36255 is a reply to message #36254] Sun, 11 March 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After submitting my post I realized I probably should have been a little more specific. When clicking on the icon link to FUDForum the topics page is displayed properly. However if I try to view the threads that fall under a certain topic a blank page is loaded. After installing the new setup the link is different than it was on the old box, going to the work folder as opposed to the ####### (some number) folder on the old box. Since I've tried copying the old file structure over it is using the old link and producing the same problem. If I click on a user's name I can view all the posts they have made but if I try to view one a blank page is displayed. The data is there but somewhere along the line there is a break.
Re: Migrating issues [message #36257 is a reply to message #36254] Sun, 11 March 2007 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After do a little more searching of the support forum I found this thread that seems very similar but I can't find the file they say to edit in the last entry.
Re: Migrating issues [message #36263 is a reply to message #36257] Sun, 11 March 2007 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You may want to run the upgrade script, it should take care of any inconsistencies.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migrating issues [message #36269 is a reply to message #36254] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After poking around more last night I found there were still references to the installation in /usr/share/egroupware (This is where Ubuntu installed it). At this point I've changed all the references I can find to point to /var/www/html/egroupware (this is a copy from the old server and the way that it was set up). I've had better luck with the copy from the old server since I can at least get an error message when trying to enter a topic:
Quote:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum/2509859217/index.php on line 71

I'm not sure what log I should be looking at, or if this SQL error is in reference to the use of reads as others have found.
I attempted to run the upgrade.php but had no luck. I'm not sure that I placed it in the right directory. I put it in a couple places and it gave the following error:
Quote:

Unable to find GLOBALS.php inside the current (/var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum) directory. Please place the upgrade (upgrade.php) script inside main web directory of your forum

So I moved it to /var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum/2509859217 and this is the error it gives me now:
Quote:

Failed to parse GLOBALS.php at "/var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum/2509859217/GLOBALS.php" correctly
Re: Migrating issues [message #36271 is a reply to message #36254] Mon, 12 March 2007 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, after another night of barely any progress Crying or Very Sad I decided to give a clean install a try. Instead of using the dapper repositories I downloaded the newest egroupware from the site and went through the installation wizard. It's all setup. I then downloaded the newest fudforum and followed the installation wizard for that. This installed a not so embedded version of fudforum.

I tried downloading the egroupware-fudforum rpm from sourceforge and using alien to a deb package. It says it installs but I can't tell where. Is there a better way to get the newest egroupware embedded fudforum installed?

[Edited: For coherence, I'm soo tired]

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2007 10:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migrating issues [message #36297 is a reply to message #36254] Thu, 15 March 2007 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so I've grabbed the egw-fudforum directory from a backup of my install from the Ubuntu repositories and copied the directory to my egroupware web root directory. I've also restored the data directory in /home/egroupware. The folder it was looking for had a new number so I created a symlink to point to the old folder structure. Now I get the following error when entering the fudforum from egroupware:
Quote:

You need to update your header.inc.php file to version by running setup/headeradmin.

If I follow the link I get this error:
Quote:

The requested URL /egroupware/fudforum/3814588639/setup/manageheader.php was not found on this server.

I can't find the manageheader.php file when doing a search of the web directory or the data directory.

I tried running through setup again by accessing the setup/ folder through the web browser. All I got was a blank page. All directories are owned by the web user and are set to 777 as well.
Re: Migrating issues [message #36298 is a reply to message #36254] Thu, 15 March 2007 04:37 Go to previous message
The last issue was caused by using the older fudforum/##########/include/GLOBALS.php. The $WWW_ROOT_DISK was set to /usr/share/egroupware where Ubuntu (or the guy who was working on this before me) installed it. I changed that to point at the new directory /var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum/##########. Now I'm back to being able to see the forum topics but if I try enter one to see the threads I get:
Quote:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /var/www/html/egroupware/fudforum/2509859217/index.php on line 71

The mysql.log contains this message:
Quote:

070315 0:34:43 68 Connect egroupware@localhost on
68 Query select version()
68 Init DB egroupware
68 Query SELECT COUNT(config_name) FROM egw_config
68 Query SELECT config_value FROM egw_config WHERE config_app='phpgwapi' AND config_name='system_charset'
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_config WHERE config_app='phpgwapi'
68 Query SELECT hook_appname,hook_location,hook_filename FROM egw_hooks
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_config WHERE config_app='phpgwapi'
68 Query SELECT account_id,account_type FROM egw_accounts WHERE account_lid='murrayb'
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_accounts WHERE account_id=37
68 Query SELECT acl_location,acl_rights FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_appname='phpgw_group' AND acl_account=37
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_account IN (37,0,-15)
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_preferences WHERE preference_owner IN (-1,-2,37)
68 Query SELECT account_lid,account_firstname,account_lastname FROM egw_accounts WHERE account_id=37
68 Query SELECT account_email FROM egw_accounts WHERE account_id=37
68 Query SELECT message_id,content FROM egw_lang WHERE lang='en' AND app_name='common'
68 Query SELECT message_id,content FROM egw_lang WHERE lang='en' AND app_name='fudforum'
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_applications WHERE app_enabled != 0 ORDER BY app_order ASC
68 Query SELECT acl_location,acl_rights FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_appname='phpgw_group' AND acl_account=37
68 Query SELECT account_lid FROM egw_accounts WHERE account_id=15
68 Query SELECT acl_appname,acl_rights FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_location='run' AND acl_account IN (37,-15)
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_applications WHERE app_enabled != 0 ORDER BY app_order ASC
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_account IN (37,0,-15)
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_preferences WHERE preference_owner IN (-1,-2,37)
68 Query SELECT acl_appname,acl_rights FROM egw_acl WHERE acl_location='run' AND acl_account IN (37,-15)
69 Connect egroupware@localhost on
69 Init DB egroupware
69 Query SELECT u.users_opt, t.name FROM phpgw_fud_users u INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_themes t ON t.id=u.theme WHERE u.id!=1 AND u.egw_id=37
69 Query SELECT
s.id AS sid, s.data, s.returnto,
t.id AS theme_id, t.lang, t.name AS theme_name, t.locale, t.theme, t.pspell_lang, t.theme_opt,
u.alias, u.posts_ppg, u.time_zone, u.sig, u.last_visit, u.last_read, u.cat_collapse_status, u.users_opt, u.ignore_list, u.ignore_list, u.buddy_list, u.id, u.group_leader_lis
t, u.email, u.login
FROM phpgw_fud_ses s
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_users u ON u.id=(CASE WHEN s.user_id>2000000000 THEN 1 ELSE s.user_id END)
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_themes t ON t.id=u.theme WHERE s.ses_id='3b7bec8ea2a9c3365e550a4dcb5b608a'
69 Query UPDATE phpgw_fud_users SET last_visit=1173933283 WHERE id=25
69 Query SELECT thread_id FROM phpgw_fud_msg WHERE id=391
69 Query SELECT count(*) FROM phpgw_fud_msg WHERE thread_id=164 AND id<=391 AND apr=1
69 Query SELECT
c.name AS cat_name,
f.name AS frm_name,
m.subject,
t.id, t.forum_id, t.replies, t.rating, t.n_rating, t.root_msg_id, t.moved_to, t.thread_opt,
tn.thread_id AS subscribed,
mo.forum_id AS md,
tr.thread_id AS cant_rate,
r.last_view,
r2.last_view AS last_forum_view,
r.msg_id,
tv.pos AS th_pos, tv.page AS th_page,
m2.thread_id AS last_thread,
(CASE WHEN g2.id IS NOT NULL THEN g2.group_cache_opt ELSE g1.group_cache_opt END) AS group_cache_opt
FROM phpgw_fud_thread t
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_msg m ON m.id=t.root_msg_id
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_forum f ON f.id=t.forum_id
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_cat c ON f.cat_id=c.id
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_thread_view tv ON tv.forum_id=t.forum_id AND tv.thread_id=t.id
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_msg m2 ON f.last_post_id=m2.id
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_thread_notify tn ON tn.user_id=25 AND tn.thread_id=164
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_mod mo ON mo.user_id=25 AND mo.forum_id=t.forum_id
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_thread_rate_track tr ON tr.thread_id=164 AND tr.user_id=25
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_read r ON r.thread_id=t.id AND r.user_id=25
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_forum_read r2 ON r2.forum_id=t.forum_id AND r2.user_id=25
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_group_cache g1 ON g1.user_id=2147483647 AND g1.resource_id=f.id LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_group_cache g2 ON g2.user_id=25 AND g2.resource_id=f.id
WHERE t.id=164
69 Query UPDATE phpgw_fud_ses SET forum_id=13, time_sec=1173933283, action='Browsing topic <a class=\"GenLink\" href=\"/egroupware/fudforum/2509859217/index.php?t=msg&amp
;th=164\">Knowledge Base</a>', returnto='t=msg&goto=391&' WHERE id=1578
69 Query SELECT f.id, f.name, c.name, c.id, CASE WHEN 0 < m.post_stamp AND (fr.last_view IS NULL OR m.post_stamp > fr.last_view) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS reads
FROM phpgw_fud_fc_view v
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_forum f ON f.id=v.f
INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_cat c ON c.id=v.c
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_msg m ON m.id=f.last_post_id
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_mod mm ON mm.user_id=25 AND mm.forum_id=f.id INNER JOIN phpgw_fud_group_cache g1 ON g1.resource_id=f.id AND g1.user_id=2147483647 LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_gro
up_cache g2 ON g2.resource_id=f.id AND g2.user_id=25
LEFT JOIN phpgw_fud_forum_read fr ON fr.forum_id=f.id AND fr.user_id=25
WHERE mm.id IS NOT NULL OR ((CASE WHEN g2.id IS NULL THEN g1.group_cache_opt ELSE g2.group_cache_opt END) & 1) > 0
ORDER BY v.id
69 Query SELECT VERSION()
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_async WHERE async_id='##last-check-run##'
68 Query REPLACE INTO egw_async (async_next,async_times,async_method,async_data,async_account_id,async_id) VALUES (0,'a:0:{}','none','a:3:{s:6:\"run_by\";s:8:\"fallback\"
;s:5:\"start\";i:1173933283;s:3:\"end\";i:0;}',0,'##last-check-run##')
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_async WHERE async_next <= 1173933283 AND async_id != '##last-check-run##'
68 Query SELECT * FROM egw_async WHERE async_id='##last-check-run##'
68 Query REPLACE INTO egw_async (async_next,async_times,async_method,async_data,async_account_id,async_id) VALUES (0,'a:0:{}','none','a:3:{s:6:\"run_by\";s:8:\"fallback\"
;s:5:\"start\";i:1173933283;s:3:\"end\";i:1173933283;}',0,'##last-check-run##')
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SQL syntax error when trying to enter forums
Next Topic: 2.7.3 in eGroupware 1.2?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 03 15:17:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02787 seconds