FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » RSS: First post in each thread?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
RSS: First post in each thread? [message #36527] Wed, 28 March 2007 14:14 Go to next message
WhiteFire is currently offline  WhiteFire   United States
I want to have a news forum, and have each topic in the forum be it's own news item. I also want to allow for replies.

Retrieving topics through the rss interface generates XML that is not compatible with, well, anything. I need them in the basic=1 message format for the software I have.

Thus I have to use the message mode on the forum, but that of course gets all the replies, too.

Is there any way around this?

I want this so I can have a nice clean news feed on the front page of my MedaiWiki using SimplePie.

BTW, I wrote a authentication module for MediaWiki that authenticates vs. a FudForum database. I'm still cleaning it up, but it's functional. It's a nice tool to let you have a Wiki that your users don't need separate accounts to use.
Re: RSS: First post in each thread? [message #36528 is a reply to message #36527] Wed, 28 March 2007 14:45 Go to previous message
WhiteFire is currently offline  WhiteFire   United States
Stuck this in just before the "if ($FUD_OPT_2 & 33554432) {" clause to give a 'thread top' option that only listed the first messages in threads.

<?php
if (isset($_GET['tt']))
{

$lmt .= ' AND t.root_msg_id=m.id ';
}
?>
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: gimp button templates
Next Topic: Problems with Internet Explorer 7
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]