FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Migration and Charset Issues
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migration and Charset Issues [message #36354] Sun, 18 March 2007 21:48 Go to next message
FadingSun is currently offline  FadingSun   Germany
even though i will mention the term "egroupware" in the description of what i have done, this is not an egroupware integration issue.

i was trying to migrate from FUDeGW to a more external installation, therefore i dumped the forum tables, installed a clean FUDForum 2.6.0, imported the data, copied over files, avatars etc. and run the upgrade script to FUD 2.7.6

this went very well so far, but now i do have some problems:

1. all accounts need approval -- i do not want to approve all of them by hand and i certainly dont want the forum to send a mail to every user that his account is now approved as this would only cause confusion. Is there a way to prevent the accounts being put into this state or to approve them without trigger the mail sending?

2. the forum is used by germans, the theme locale is set to german, the header shows that charset=ISO-8859-15 is in use
thats not really bad, but somehow we managed to change the database to utf8 which did some nasty things to all those umlauts in Forum descriptions. The real problem is now, when i try to reenter the description it gets truncated at the first umlaut.

Is this expected behaviour in mixing the charsets? How can i work around this?
Re: Migration and Charset Issues [message #36372 is a reply to message #36354] Mon, 19 March 2007 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can auto approve account by setting the approved bitmask which you can reference from fud_users.tbl file inside the sql directory.

You can do charset conversion via forum admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migration and Charset Issues [message #36533 is a reply to message #36372] Wed, 28 March 2007 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FadingSun is currently offline  FadingSun   Germany
Ilia wrote on Mon, 19 March 2007 19:22

You can auto approve account by setting the approved bitmask which you can reference from fud_users.tbl file inside the sql directory.

thx, that worked ..
Quote:

You can do charset conversion via forum admin control panel.

yes i can .. but there is no setting that seems to work. The admin pages are encoded as ISO-8859-15, which is not choosable at charset conversion. This either truncates the String at the first umlaut or replaces all umlauts with ? .. both are not really usable

In the meantime i found another problem. In FUDeGW a {ROOT} in the Templatefile is extended to
http://server.domain/index.php

in 2.7.6 this extends to "index.php" only. This is no problem with text links, but in Forms this leads to rendering them unusable. When i change the Template and replace {ROOT} with {FULL_ROOT}{ROOT} for the action Value of Form Tags, the form works again. Unusable in this context means, when i click on submit, i get redirected to the index page and the form data is not comitted.

Is this intentional? (meaning i missed something) And is there an alternative to changing all templates?
Re: Migration and Charset Issues [message #36543 is a reply to message #36533] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:09 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
{FULL_ROOT} is the domain and {ROOT} is index.php

If you change your config you need to rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Small theme issue
Next Topic: Warning: getmyuid() I can't install
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 07:58:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02224 seconds