FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » A Really Cool New Feature Request: Survey & Voting (Please Create A Survey & Voting Module that output XML data)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
A Really Cool New Feature Request: Survey & Voting [message #36570] Fri, 30 March 2007 19:06
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States
Enable privileged members to create & receive XML formatted results of surveys and votes.

A person can create a survey, like a Poll, but with the ability to enter an "Other: " field and actually get the text of what people put in for that answer.

Then I thought, you might as well expand that to include surveys too. That would be extremely helpful.

Then, if you could gather up the responses and put them in an XML format that would be excellent!! Then other programs can easily process the data that is generated from the forum.

You could even enable other programs to connect to FUDforum and automatically download the results of the surveys (even better!).
Then a program could periodically download the results of various surveys and automatically tabulate the results.

Also, along with surveys, you could have a Vote Module too.

Voting is like surveys, where you have different types of information you are getting opinions or "votes" for, but I think you need to make sure that:

1) Only certain people can vote (it's a priviledge)
2) I would like to know how people voted (as an option) or make the results anonymous

All of this, with the ability of other programs to access FUDforum as an XML data source for this info would be greatly beneficial, and maybe not too hard to program (?) Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: IP in action log
Next Topic: IP in action log
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:24:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02816 seconds