FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Converting Ikonboard --> FUD
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3647] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:11 Go to next message
Hkkathome is currently offline  Hkkathome   Sweden
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
A friend (yeaa right) of my have an Ikonboard forum and I think it really sucks. I will suggest him to convert to FUD but of cource there is a problem! I wouldn't like to miss all posts. Is it possible to get a converting program? Is there any allready?

http://www.ikonboard.com/

Hkkathome(TM) as always...
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3650 is a reply to message #3647] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Hkkathome wrote on Tue, 02 July 2002 17:11

A friend (yeaa right) of my have an Ikonboard forum and I think it really sucks. I will suggest him to convert to FUD but of cource there is a problem! I wouldn't like to miss all posts. Is it possible to get a converting program? Is there any allready?

http://www.ikonboard.com/

There is currently no conversion program from Ikonboard to FUDforum, however if your friend is interested I can definately write one. All I need is a data dump of his current forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3653 is a reply to message #3650] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
I'll ask him.

What do you mean whith data dump?
Would you like is database?

Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3654 is a reply to message #3653] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
When I say datadump, I am refering to any data stored in a database or on the harddrive that relates to the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3656 is a reply to message #3654] Tue, 02 July 2002 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Ok; Tnx! I'll ask him. Not sure if he wan't to. But your forum is much much better!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3666 is a reply to message #3647] Tue, 02 July 2002 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecxeleron is currently offline  Ecxeleron   Australia
add to buddy list
The thing about ikonboard or should I say unkoboard, is that you can coose between mysql, pgsql and flat file. In 90% of cases people use flat file. It might not be easy to make a converter to fud since fud only runs on mysql and pgsql (Not too sure about pgsql). Maybe fud could have a flat file option, because you can't upgrade a flat file unkoboard to fud if you don't have sql. Razz

Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3667 is a reply to message #3666] Tue, 02 July 2002 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You can forget about a flat file support for FUDforum it is ineffecient and slow.

If people will want to upgrade, they will need to choose either pgsql or mysql.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3668 is a reply to message #3647] Tue, 02 July 2002 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecxeleron is currently offline  Ecxeleron   Australia
add to buddy list
I suppose you're right, if it's slow and inefficient, fud shouldn't have it! Laughing

Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3881 is a reply to message #3647] Mon, 08 July 2002 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
add to buddy list
i have an ikonboard forum on my site but i am tried of it. ikonboard is just too buggy.

if i could seamlessly convert from ikonboard to fud without my users noticing the switch then that would be great. i currently use the flat file setup because my board is rather small but i can put together an example mySQL board, tar it up, and send it to whomever would be willing to make a converter. just let me know who i should send it to, what you would need, and what address i should send it to.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 July 2002 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3882 is a reply to message #3881] Mon, 08 July 2002 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Send the datadump to forum(at)prohost(dot)org I'll take a look at it and try to make a conversion script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3885 is a reply to message #3647] Mon, 08 July 2002 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
i will put it together tomorrow and send it in Smile
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #3931 is a reply to message #3647] Tue, 09 July 2002 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
tis sent
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #4693 is a reply to message #3647] Fri, 02 August 2002 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
30Corwin is currently offline  30Corwin   United States
add to buddy list
I 'll take soem of that action Smile
I run ikon 3.0.2 with mysql back end. What would I need to do?
Re: Converting Ikonboard --> FUD [message #4695 is a reply to message #4693] Sat, 03 August 2002 00:46 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Send me the datadump of your forum including any non mysql data that ikonboard stores on disk and I should be able to write an Ikonboard conversion scripts within a few days.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Another Phorum to FUD problem
Next Topic: XMB 1.0beta3 to FUD 2.2.4
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 23:47:32 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00951 seconds