FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Easily Add a Non-FUDforum URL to the Main Menu (Easily expand the FUDforum main list of things to include other links)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Easily Add a Non-FUDforum URL to the Main Menu [message #36723] Mon, 02 April 2007 18:34 Go to next message
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States
I want to link in a Wiki to my discussion board. I would like the Wiki URL to be on the same level as the list of forums in my FUDforum, with a short description (make it appear like the other forums).

It would be great if there's a way to add a URL and short description to the list of FUDforum items in the Admin menu for Categories and Forum Management so an Admin could integrate other non-FUDforum items into the main FUDforum menu.

Smile
Re: Easily Add a Non-FUDforum URL to the Main Menu [message #36739 is a reply to message #36723] Wed, 04 April 2007 02:45 Go to previous message
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States
I have hacked a way to do this. I added a Forum, which was really a way to get a link and description in the menu. Then I went to the theme index.php and where you build the menu, I opt out on the Forum-ID for my menu-item, and instead display my link and some formatted text for that row.

And I couldn't quite figure out how to adjust the URL when jumping to a forum on "Goto Forum: " drop-down menu, so I just took the menu-item I created out of the forum list (but I'd rather like to know how to adjust the URL when the forum is selected from the Drop-Down list so then users could jump into my menu-item (my Wiki).

If anyone is interested in this, I could post the diffs. It's not the most elegant thing. Smile But functional. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: IP in action log
Next Topic: Getting Non Printable Characters In Post
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:08:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02454 seconds