FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » HTML, Javascript, jQuery & AJAX » lib.js issue (Having trouble with FUDForum javascripts)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
lib.js issue [message #37468] Sat, 26 May 2007 17:25 Go to next message
joshua is currently offline  joshua   United States
Hi All,

I'm suspecting that this might be web hosting config issue rather than a problem with FUDForum.

I have a gaming clan website using FUDForums and everything works peachy keen except for any Javascript functions. Examples are pop-ups for the smileys, selecting buddy pop-ups while composing private messages, etc. The issue is that none of them work. Click on the links causes no action.

So after comparing my home test server versus my actual web hosted clan site, I noticed something.

http://www.clan-tic.com/forums/lib.js

...looks like raw binary data? But my home server (and even this forum's lib.js) as well dumps the lib text just fine. So I'm wondering if it's a MIME/TYPE issue on my web hosting server? Or perhaps the lib.js file somehow got corrupted?

Thanks in advance,
Josh
icon14.gif  Re: lib.js issue [message #37471 is a reply to message #37468] Sat, 26 May 2007 21:48 Go to previous message
joshua is currently offline  joshua   United States
OK... disregard. I think the file was physically corrupted. I uploaded a copy of forums/lib.js from my test server and that fixed the issue.

Strange. I wonder if it had anything to do with me importing the Forums from my test box...

Cheers!
-Josh

Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: The Microsoft Genie
Next Topic: new window with out resize scrolling etc.. help please
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:41:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02315 seconds