FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Add another group colour to bottom of main page?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #38694] Wed, 22 August 2007 16:07 Go to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
I wanted to add another Group name and colour to the bottome of the main page where it says Admins and Mods. This is so we can see who paid members are vs. regular forum only members.

I see the code area and attempted to edit it, but my new category doesn't display...is this even possible ??

Here is the code with teh new section added that I tried:

.adminColor {
font-weight: bold;
color: #1E90FF;
}

.modsColor {
color: #2E8B57;
}

.clubmemsColor {
color: #BDB76B;
}
Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #38697 is a reply to message #38694] Wed, 22 August 2007 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can do this via custom tags in the user admin panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon6.gif  Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #159839 is a reply to message #38697] Sun, 28 June 2009 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
OK! If I understand this correctly:

Added custom tags for 2 users Group leader and Host in user control panel, added custom profile colors #002EB8; font-weight: bold; and #B88A00; font-weight: bold; both display properly.

Added to forum CSS

}

.grpldrColor {
	color: #002EB8;
}

.hostColor {
	color: #B88A00;
}

But the new user tags still do not display in the stats section, some how it looks like I need to add this code (or something similar ) to the Index.PHP

;&nbsp;<span class="grpldrcolor">[Group Leader]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="hostcolor">[Host]</span>

Checking Page info shows the code there now reads :

<span class="SmallText">There are <b>0</b> member(s), <b>0</b> invisible member(s) and <b>1</b> guest(s) visiting this board.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="adminColor">[Administrator]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="modsColor">[Moderator]</span></span><br />

But I do not find where to make that change?

It is obviously in stats or index tmpl yet I am still not finding it; Any suggestions?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Sun, 28 June 2009 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #159848 is a reply to message #159839] Sun, 28 June 2009 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks like you will have to change the code. Al the very least logedin.tmpl and logedin.inc.t.

icon6.gif  Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #159849 is a reply to message #159848] Sun, 28 June 2009 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops looks like I jumped into the deep end of the pool with this one!

So far so good, but I'm going to have to take my time with this one.
Found FUDforum/src/logedin.inc.t around line 21 - 35
	$c = uq('SELECT u.id, u.alias, u.users_opt, u.custom_color FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}ses s INNER JOIN {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users u ON u.id=s.user_id WHERE s.time_sec>'.$tm_expire.' AND (u.users_opt & 32768)=0 ORDER BY s.time_sec DESC LIMIT '.$GLOBALS['MAX_LOGGEDIN_USERS']);
	$obj->online_users_text = array();
	while ($r = db_rowarr($c)) {
		$obj->online_users_text[$r[0]] = draw_user_link($r[1], $r[2], $r[3]);
	}
	unset($c);

q('UPDATE {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}stats_cache SET
		cache_age='.__request_timestamp__.',
		last_user_id='.(int)$obj->last_user_id.',
		user_count='.(int)$obj->user_count.',
		online_users_anon='.(int)$obj->online_users_anon.',
		online_users_hidden='.(int)$obj->online_users_hidden.',
		online_users_reg='.(int)$obj->online_users_reg.',
		online_users_text='.ssn(serialize($obj->online_users_text)));

Also found FUDforum/thm/default/tmpl/logedin.tmpl

Line 25:
<span class="SmallText">{MSG: status_line}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="adminColor">[{MSG: administrator}]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="modsColor">[{MSG: moderator}]</span></span><br />

I have high confidence that I can manage the 2nd one but the 1st is definitely beyond my understanding, so I will have to study some on this. If I even have the right sections that is!

icon6.gif  Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #159904 is a reply to message #159848] Tue, 07 July 2009 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a more definitive idea of just what changes to make, before I start crashing it?

As far as I can tell it looks like if I edit FUDforum/thm/default/tmpl/logedin.tmpl line 25 with this code

<span class="SmallText">{MSG: status_line}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="adminColor">[{MSG: administrator}]</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="modsColor">[{MSG: moderator}]</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="grpldrcolor">[{MSG: Group Leader}]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="hostcolor">[{MSG: Host}]</span></span><br />

That I should be getting pretty close.

What I am not seeing is where or what I would need to edit in FUDforum/src/logedin.inc.t to make this happen without conflicts.

icon6.gif  Re: Add another group colour to bottom of main page? [message #159905 is a reply to message #159848] Tue, 07 July 2009 08:32 Go to previous message
Ok I added the info already referred to above:

Received Error on rebuilding themes:

Quote:
Rebuilding theme default (english)...
Missing Message entry Group inside i18n/english/msg

However I was able to locate a new listing for Group leader and Host within the loged in section of the editor!

So that is positive!

Quote:
logedin.tmpl
Unable to find "Group Leader" inside "/home/pandemo1/Pandemonium_Forum/thm/default/i18n/english/msg"

Unable to find "Host" inside "/home/pandemo1/Pandemonium_Forum/thm/default/i18n/english/msg"

I have added both as custom tags with no effect,
So Apparently I still need to locate what section of the code lets these be listed!

At least I haven't crashed it ....Yet!

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Attachments to NNTP Postings
Next Topic: Banner Ad On Every Page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:27:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02159 seconds