FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Translations » FUDforum 2.0 Translations
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUDforum 2.X Translations ... It's been a long time!!!! [message #33229 is a reply to message #33226] Sun, 20 August 2006 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to create a new directory for it, since no one had tried to much such a translation yet. The easiest way to start would be to make a copy of the "english" calling it "esperanto" directory and then modify the copied msg file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.X Translations ... It's been a long time!!!! [message #33546 is a reply to message #33229] Thu, 07 September 2006 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dustin Kowalski is currently offline  Dustin Kowalski   United Kingdom
Ilia wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 17:00

You need to create a new directory for it, since no one had tried to much such a translation yet. The easiest way to start would be to make a copy of the "english" calling it "esperanto" directory and then modify the copied msg file.

OK, thanks for the help. I've been away, hence the late response. It'll be a while before I complete it, but I'll be sure to submit it when it's time.
Re: FUDforum 2.X Translations ... It's been a long time!!!! [message #34447 is a reply to message #33546] Mon, 30 October 2006 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dustin Kowalski wrote on Thu, 07 September 2006 09:36

Ilia wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 17:00

OK, thanks for the help. I've been away, hence the late response. It'll be a while before I complete it, but I'll be sure to submit it when it's time.

Hmm ... I'm nearly ready to start doing this, but my original problem remains; I still don't know where to find the language files.

What is the name of the directory I need to access? I honestly can't find *any* language files in anything that I've opened.
Re: FUDforum 2.X Translations ... It's been a long time!!!! [message #34489 is a reply to message #34447] Sun, 05 November 2006 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
forum_data/thm/default/i18n/[language_code]/msg file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.0 Translations [message #39181 is a reply to message #2987] Sun, 07 October 2007 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha! I've obviously left this a while!

OK, just to check. I've downloaded the English and French versions so I can check and compare how they were done before.

They open fine in WordPad, so I'll use that.

Now, when I upload them and provide a copy to you to incorporate, how should I save them? What is the file extension I should give to the file?

Thanks
Re: FUDforum 2.0 Translations [message #39355 is a reply to message #39181] Thu, 18 October 2007 23:51 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Save you translations as plain text files with .txt extension

FUDforum Core Developer
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Catalan translation
Next Topic: Updated Simple Chinese translation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:39:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12821 seconds