FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Modifying Moderator Permissions (Can't take away permissions)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Modifying Moderator Permissions [message #39695] Wed, 21 November 2007 03:45 Go to next message
Everfree is currently offline  Everfree   United States
Hello FudForum Experts,

I made someone mod and now I want to take away all the permissions. I unchecked all the forums that allow him to moderate and the user profile page no longer shows that he is moderating any forums. But he still has moderator privileges like deleting posts.

Thanks for the help!
Re: Modifying Moderator Permissions [message #39707 is a reply to message #39695] Wed, 21 November 2007 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Unless you gave them additional permissions via group manager removing their moderation permissions should do the trick. If it does not, try running the consistency checker in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Modifying Moderator Permissions [message #39752 is a reply to message #39707] Tue, 27 November 2007 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran consistency checker but I'm still having the problem. Is there a way to change the person's permissions in the database?
Re: Modifying Moderator Permissions [message #39755 is a reply to message #39752] Tue, 27 November 2007 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to modify the fud26_mod table and delete all records where the user_id = user who's permissions you want to remove.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Modifying Moderator Permissions [message #39819 is a reply to message #39755] Fri, 07 December 2007 01:18 Go to previous message
Thanks, I wish I knew how to do that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: pg_last_oid() and postgresql-8.1
Next Topic: How to add a forum in my style?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 03 05:23:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04283 seconds