FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation problems on Windows (Install problems on windows)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation problems on Windows [message #40116] Tue, 15 January 2008 16:04 Go to next message
duggold is currently offline  duggold   United States
I am trying to install a new install of Fudforum version 2.7.7 (uncompressed, not upgrade). I have PHP 5.2.5 ISAPI installed on an IIS server running on Windows XP. MySQL version 5.0.45 installed. This is shown on first install screen:

System Information
PHP Version: 5.2.5
MySQL Extension:
Interface to the MySQL server, which is the recommended database for FUDforum. enabled
PostgreSQL Extension:
Interface to the PostgreSQL server. disabled
PCRE Extension:
Perl Compatible Regular Expression (required). enabled
Zlib Extension:
zlib extension is optional, however we recommend enabling it. This extension allow you to compress your forum backups as well as use zlib compression for your pages. enabled
Pspell Extension:
Pspell extension is optional, this extension is needed by the FUDforum's built-in spellchecker. If you want to allow users to spell check their messages, enable this extension. disabled

=================================================================

The problem I am having, is during the table creation process of the installation, I get the following SQL error. Note, the table fud_action_log is created succesfully in the database.

Failed to create table "fud_action_log" ("CREATE INDEX fud26_action_log_i_ul ON fud26_action_log"), SQL Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Can someone please offer some assistance on what I am doing wrong or why this wouldn't be working?
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40119 is a reply to message #40116] Tue, 15 January 2008 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
WHat version of MySQL are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40122 is a reply to message #40119] Tue, 15 January 2008 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 16:07

WHat version of MySQL are you using?

Per my original post: MySQL version 5.0.45 installed

Thanks
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40124 is a reply to message #40122] Wed, 16 January 2008 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Is there a chance you could try php-cgi?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40127 is a reply to message #40124] Wed, 16 January 2008 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 21:00

Is there a chance you could try php-cgi?

You mean setup PHP to use CGI instead of ISAPI?
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40129 is a reply to message #40127] Thu, 17 January 2008 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
yes

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40150 is a reply to message #40129] Thu, 17 January 2008 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We reinstalled PHP with the CGI option instead of ISAPI and continue to receive the same error as in the original post.
Re: Installation problems on Windows [message #40165 is a reply to message #40150] Fri, 18 January 2008 01:56 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have mbstring extension enabled by any chance?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: No value in DBTYPE on the 2 step of installation
Next Topic: Installed OK - now SQL error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:25:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03141 seconds