FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » v 2.7.7 Step 2: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX (MySQL - Failed to create table, and PDO: SQLite makes phantom tables)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
v 2.7.7 Step 2: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX [message #40203] Tue, 22 January 2008 13:13 Go to next message
sphique is currently offline  sphique   Germany
Hello,
thank you for a great software. I never had to post a significant problem with fudforum (up till 2.7.6) yet.

After removal to new server (on my other servers fudforum 277 is all nice and dandy), second step of installation says:

Failed to create table "fud_users" ("CREATE UNIQUE INDEX fud277_users_i_l ON fud277_users (login)"), 
SQL Reason: Access denied for user 'whatever'@'' to database 'something'

Database dropdown-options were:

MySQL (this one selected in first scenario)
PDO: MySQL
PDO: SQLite

A look with phpMyAdmin confirms one incomplete table.
After "deleting" install.php forum says

(/home/..yeah../forum/index.php:54) :
Query: Failed to establish database connection, PDO says: invalid data source name
Server Version:

Some (shared hosting) server info:

MySQL server version: 4.1.13-standard-log
MySQL host info: server.whatever.net via TCP/IP
MySQL client info: 4.1.9
phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl2
PHP Version: 5.2.5 (via CGI)

Now the "phantom" second scenario:
selected database type "PDO: SQLite" and installation went through. Forum running, add users no problem, topics, posting, OK.

However, I can't see any tables with phpMyAdmin nor can the friendly admin of the hosting company. But the data has to be stored somewhere...

Well, I wouldn't mind it working so far, but I really want to dump back the contents of my forum though...

btw, the hosting admin claims "PDO: SQLite" is definitely not available. (And I would like to run it with MySQL for compatibility reasons)

Is there a way to get it working with this configuration? Or what is the problem anyway?

kindly F.P.

Better alone in the dark, than collective insanity.
Re: v 2.7.7 Step 2: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX [message #40205 is a reply to message #40203] Wed, 23 January 2008 01:10 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
As far as the error it seems you user account (the one specified) during install does not have INDEX privilege allowing index creation.

phpMyAdmin will only show MySQL databases, the sqlite database (single file really) won't show up there.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installed OK - now SQL error
Next Topic: Not using Temporary Tables
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:04:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02753 seconds