FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Tags & Knowledge Base
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  Tags & Knowledge Base [message #40339] Wed, 13 February 2008 19:55
jeffrey is currently offline  jeffrey   United States
I think it would be interesting to be able to imbed tagging into threads and be able to search for specific tags. I think tags would be a nice complement to keyword searching.

It's possible I can hack together my own tags, but it may not be intuitive to the users. I could edit an entry and put a line with tags that represent elements of the discussion thread that I want to track: ie, $<TAG>[<TAG>]*
ex, $UserInterface,$Database,$MySQL,$Reporting

and then to locate tags I put $<TAG> to find references to them.

But it would be better for the Admin to have an option to add tags per discussion thread, and then have those identified as such. Then in the search area, have an option of searching Subject, Message, and Tags.

The idea is to take all of this great discussion and turn it into more structured knowledge.

Another idea is to create outlines of threads of discussions and provide an easy way to reference the discussions. I'm doing that now with a Church Management Forum and right now I'm outlining the interesting threads in a Google Document

It's like a notes or knowledge base that comes out of the discussions, and then apply tags and searching to find it.

Just some ideas....

Great software....

Keep up the great work!

Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Add module to permit Gallery and Input form
Next Topic: Edit/delete one's own posts only
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:28:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03670 seconds