FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » query string for subject/body
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
query string for subject/body [message #40670] Wed, 02 April 2008 03:17 Go to next message
dfgngirl is currently offline  dfgngirl   United States

Hi,

is it possible to use query strings or something as easy to pass static text into the subject line and body of a new post like:

http://forum.com/index.php?t=post&frm_id=2&subject=my_subject&b ody=text_for_body_here

Thanks!

Re: query string for subject/body [message #40676 is a reply to message #40670] Wed, 02 April 2008 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
You could, by adding a bit of code to move data from GET to POST in post.php.t

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: query string for subject/body [message #40677 is a reply to message #40676] Wed, 02 April 2008 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 02 April 2008 12:13

You could, by adding a bit of code to move data from GET to POST in post.php.t

We want to have this done in only one forum though - not all of them. Is that possible?
Re: query string for subject/body [message #40679 is a reply to message #40670] Wed, 02 April 2008 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

BTW, is there a way to turn off new account registration? I've decided I could use a quoted reply to get text in the body of a post in a forum where only moderators can see, and then we can have prospective members enter their info and we can manually add them. This is partly to give us more control, and partly because Fud dumps when we decline members (see thread).

I setup a whole new procedure for membership and found I couldn't turn off new account self-registration. Am I wrong, is there a way to turn it off?
Re: query string for subject/body [message #40688 is a reply to message #40679] Thu, 03 April 2008 17:57 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can turn of account moderation (accounts need to be approved by admins before they become active) and not approve any accounts.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Moving whole website to a different server
Next Topic: How to edit RSS picture on post pages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 23:04:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02685 seconds