FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Random forum lockouts...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Random forum lockouts... [message #41013] Wed, 07 May 2008 04:03 Go to next message
krbvroc1 is currently offline  krbvroc1   United States
While trying to update to 2.7.7 and perform some testing I am running into something very odd. It is hard to reproduce, but has occurred several times. Basically at various times after selecting 'Log out' something happens to the FUDforum and visiting the site just crashes.

By crashes, I mean a white screen. Very early in the index.php process it crashes in ses_update_status.
 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
 use near '' at line 1<br />
Query: UPDATE fud26_ses SET sys_id='', forum_id=0, time_sec=1210112266, action='Browsing the &lt;a href=\&quot;index.php?t=index\&qu
ot;&gt;forum list&lt;/a&gt;', returnto='' WHERE id=<br />
Server Version: 5.0.22<br />

I am not sure why this is getting corrupted. Oddly there is no way to recover from this. Even removing all rows of the fud26_ses table does not recover. (A complete restore of the entire database is needed).

So far while debugging this, the only thing I have notice specifically is that when this happens, the entries in the fud26_ses have a 'action' of NULL. Normally the 'action' field says something like 'Browsing...' etc. 'returnto' is also NULL.

When this happens you cannot even log in via the adm control panel. Perhaps some other table is getting in a weird state because clearing the fud26_ses does not fix the issue, only a full database restore to an earlier version does.

Any ideas? Suggestion? Debugging tips?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2008 04:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Random forum lockouts... [message #41019 is a reply to message #41013] Wed, 07 May 2008 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried closing the browser completely and/or removing all cookies?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Random forum lockouts... [message #41023 is a reply to message #41013] Thu, 08 May 2008 16:23 Go to previous message
krbvroc1 is currently offline  krbvroc1   United States
This happened from completely different computers.

We traced the problem down to the following:

We have external code that populates the fud26_users table from another database source (single sign on).

When I cleared out the fud26_users table to import that info, the special magical 'Anonymous Coward' user with id 1 is removed. If that id is removed, it is impossible to log into the forum even as admin because 'guests' are mapped to that id 1 when it comes to session management. FUDforum issue an invalid SQL command because it leaves off the id in the WHERE clause during ses_update_status().

You can reproduce this simply by removing id 1.

Now we know that we need to leave the special user with id 1 alone or fudforum is inoperable (even adm).

The lesson is that if you ever custom populate your users table be sure to keep/insert the id 1.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: alias and brackets
Next Topic: Problem with RSS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:04:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02417 seconds