FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » basic, non-table layout (Me hate tables)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
basic, non-table layout [message #40366] Tue, 19 February 2008 23:51 Go to next message
qubodup is currently offline  qubodup
Hi, the fact that your default forum skin uses tables is kind of a downer. Is there a minimal theme with which I could create my own without having to hunt down all <table> <tr> <td> <th>...?
Re: basic, non-table layout [message #41075 is a reply to message #40366] Fri, 16 May 2008 22:15 Go to previous message
vln004 is currently offline  vln004   United States
a tableless layout for a forum (which is a table of data) would be pretty pointless. That is, unless you want to strip a lot of the data out. There are several implementations of tableless forums, the one most people would know about is phpbb3's skin. However, none for fudforum.

Even with 3 or so years for developing just the skin, the phpbb3 skin has many limitations, namely that it doesn't display correctly in older browsers that don't properly support css.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to find out weather index.php is building the first or last category?
Next Topic: VyraX DesigN.. -enjoy
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 09:23:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02379 seconds