FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum 2.2.4RC2 Released
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 2.2.4RC2 Released [message #4508] Mon, 29 July 2002 13:59 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Another BETA release with new features.

This release integrates full NNTP support. What it means FUDforum can now be used to archive/mirror newsgroup as well as allow forum members to post newsgroups from the forums that are 'attached' to a particular newsgroup.
A new admin control panel admnntp.php has been added to allow the admin to define NNTP rules.

Updated the Polish translation.

Fixed hardcoded references to index.php

Major updates to the Phorum > FUDforum conversion scripts, it now works properly Smile

Several other small bug fixes, if you are curios about them read the changelog.

If all goes well in a few days RC3 will be released, it will include the WRITE support for mailing lists.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC2 Released [message #4590 is a reply to message #4508] Wed, 31 July 2002 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
Quote:

If all goes well in a few days RC3 will be released, it will include the WRITE support for mailing lists
Will there be some documentation included for the mailing list feature?

-Tom M
Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC2 Released [message #4595 is a reply to message #4590] Wed, 31 July 2002 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
UserTom wrote on Wed, 31 July 2002 15:29

Quote:

If all goes well in a few days RC3 will be released, it will include the WRITE support for mailing lists
Will there be some documentation included for the mailing list feature?

-Tom M

Definately when the stable release comes out, I am working on 1 more change once that is done I'll make RC3. After RC3 there will be one more RC release and then a stable 2.3.0 version. The reason for at least 1 more RC is that the several changes I've made/making are quite major and many files are affected by then. I want to ensure there is proper Q&A for this release and there is minimum problems once it is declared stable.
All that said, when 2.3.0 is release the Mailing List/NNTP integration will be fully documented as are other FUDforum features.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC2 Released [message #4606 is a reply to message #4595] Wed, 31 July 2002 23:32 Go to previous message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this feature.

-Tom M
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.2.3 Released
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.2.4RC1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:09:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02487 seconds