FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum 2.2.4RC3 Released
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 2.2.4RC3 Released [message #4636] Thu, 01 August 2002 16:18 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is hopefully the final major change RC release before 2.3.0 stable. It will however be followed by at least 1 more RC with small changes and possible fixes for any bugs that are discovered.

New Features/Code

1. Added open_basedir check to installer & upgrade scripts
  2. Added code to upgrade script to upgrade custom templates
  3. Finalized Mailing list support (added write capabilities, allowing posts form the forum to be synchronized to the mailing list).
  4. Added next/previous links to tree view allowing quick movement between messages in a tree.
  5. Lots & Lots of code optimizations, that were made possible to a profiling patch from http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/~sbrown/profiler/php-profiler.html
  6. Added French translation
  7. Updated German translation

Bug Fixes

1. A complete HTML audit of nearly all HTML generated by FUDforum. Special thanks Albert Wiersch of (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/) for donating a full license to CSE HTML Validator Professional, which was used to trace and find HTML bugs.
  2. Fixed a search engine bug, with a wrong table name
  3. Fixed a bug in automatic URL parser that would stop URL parsing on & symbol.
  4. Fixed invalid links to help on FUDcode & Smilies from post forms.
  5. Fixed error reporting bug in mailing list importer

Now were are officially into the Q&A stage for upcoming FUDforum 2.3.0 If you have time please grab a copy of 2.2.4RC3 and try to break it. The more bugs we find & solve now the better 2.3.0 release will be.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC3 Released [message #4737 is a reply to message #4636] Mon, 05 August 2002 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
i just ran the upgrade script. everything seems to working fine (thank you for the template upgrading) but the upgrade script had a couple errors. i dont believe they have much effect since my test board seems to be working but i thought you might like to see them anyway.
  • Attachment: errors.txt
    (Size: 1.59KB, Downloaded 1153 times)
Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC3 Released [message #4739 is a reply to message #4737] Mon, 05 August 2002 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually it does appear like the script did not succeed complete, because it failed to open 2 directories. However, due to lack in proper error reporting I do not know which directories. I've modified upgrade script to report which directories it failed to open, so when you run the upgrade script on the next version it should give more information.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.2.4RC3 Released [message #4741 is a reply to message #4636] Mon, 05 August 2002 17:44 Go to previous message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
cool...im gonna restore my old forum and rerun it because it seems that the forum does indeed not work. i can not edit messages in the templates.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.2.4RC1
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.2.2 Released
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 05:10:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02978 seconds