FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem with registering new users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Problem with registering new users [message #4840] Fri, 09 August 2002 08:49 Go to next message
Kerhold is currently offline  Kerhold   Poland

Hello!

I have strange problem which I couln't solve right now.

After upgrading to FUDforum 2.2.3 new users by registering are
getting a message like this:

Aby aktywowac Twoje konto, przejdz do adresu ponizej:
http://www.linux.com.pl/forum/index.phpt=emailconf&conf_key=ef8a892842f fa9920861ee0ff0f9e158

The problem is that that link doesn't exist and maybe it should have '?' sign afer index.php.
The strange thing is that in tmpl in polish language apropriate text is:

Aby aktywowac Twoje konto, przejdz do adresu ponizej:\n\n{GVAR: WWW_ROOT}emailconf.php?conf_key={VAR: usr->conf_key}\n\n

which is of course not the same an user is getting.

I searched in admin panel for template rebuilding but in this version I couldn't find (maybe it is somehow automatic now).

What could I do to correct those emails for new users?

Best regards,

Common sense is not so common.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 August 2002 08:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with registering new users [message #4841 is a reply to message #4840] Fri, 09 August 2002 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can correct this problem by upgrading to latest CVS or release 2.2.5

Or if you want simply grab i18n/polish/msg from the CVS and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26588 is a reply to message #4840] Thu, 28 July 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaxon Spox is currently offline  Zaxon Spox   Poland
Hello,
Also polish template, but FUD Forum ver. 2.3.0,
whet the new user is registrating after clickig 'Zarejstruj sie' (Register) it shown an error:

Warning: Failed to Connect in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php on line 1635

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php:1635) in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php on line 1408

I firstly want to test the forum on my disk with PHPTriad 2.2.1 (PHP ver. 4.1.1), after test send all to server & start, but what for send forum with REGISTRATION bug? Who will be on forum? There come no confirmation on email...

Please help! We dont have forum since crash the previusley forum & now we want to have better forum on our server.
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26590 is a reply to message #26588] Thu, 28 July 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try upgrading your forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26598 is a reply to message #4840] Thu, 28 July 2005 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What in the hell is going on?!?!?! upgrades for 2.3.0 didn't worked! I downloaded 2.3.2 and still this same bug! HEEELLLP!! Cloud be the reason the PHPTriad software? too old? Someone must know the anserw...
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26599 is a reply to message #26598] Thu, 28 July 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Upgrades didn't work, to what version did you try to upgrade?
What errors did you get?
What PHP version are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26602 is a reply to message #26588] Thu, 28 July 2005 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaxon Spox wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 06:10

... PHPTriad 2.2.1 (PHP ver. 4.1.1)...

I can not handle with insatalation of Apach (full) + PHP 4.2.2 (full) + MySQL & configure them that they work, so I bag You to show me how to repear FUDForum 2.3.0, the reg. bug...
Sad , Am i somethig worth?
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26604 is a reply to message #26602] Thu, 28 July 2005 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It is a really old version of the forum you are running, to debug it not only pointless but also fruitless.

The error you've reported originally I suspect relates to sending of e-mail, it appears that PHP cannot connect to the SMTP server and is generating the error you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26606 is a reply to message #26588] Thu, 28 July 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaxon Spox wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 06:10

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php:1635) in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php on line 1408

It is said that cannot add header information:

at line 1635:
function send_email($from, $to, $subj, $body, $header='')
{
	if( empty($to) || !count($to) ) return;	

if( $GLOBALS['USE_SMTP'] == 'Y' ) {
		$smtp = new fud_smtp;
		$smtp->msg = $body;
		$smtp->subject = $subj;
		$smtp->to = $to;
		$smtp->from = $from;
		$smtp->headers = $header;
		$smtp->send_smtp_email();
	}
	else {
		$bcc='';

if( is_array($to) ) {
			if( ($a = count($to)) > 1 ) {
				$bcc = "Bcc: ";
				for( $i=1; $i<$a; $i++ ) $bcc .= $to[$i].', ';
				$bcc = substr($bcc,0,-2);	
			}		
			$to = $to[0];
		}
		if( $header ) 
			$header = "\n".str_replace("\r", "", $header);
		else if( $bcc ) 
			$bcc = "\n".$bcc;

THIS LINE		mail($to, $subj, str_replace("\r", "", $body), "From: $from\nErrors-To: $from\nReturn-Path: $from\nX-Mailer: FUDforum v".$GLOBALS['FORUM_VERSION'].$header.$bcc);
	}		
}

& at 1408 line:
function check_return()
{
        if ( empty($GLOBALS['returnto']) ) 
        	$GLOBALS['returnto']='http://localhost/forum/index.php?'._rsidl;
        else {
        	$url_bits = parse_url($GLOBALS['returnto']);
        	$GLOBALS['returnto']='http://localhost/forum/index.php?'._rsidl;

if( $url_bits['query'] ) {
			parse_str(str_replace('&', '&', $url_bits['query']), $url_args);
			if( is_array($url_args) ) {
				foreach( $url_args as $k => $v ) {
					if( $k == 'S' || $k == 'rid' ) continue;
					$GLOBALS['returnto'] .= '&'.$k.'='.urlencode($v);
				}	
			}
		}
        }
THIS LINE        header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['returnto']);
	exit();
}class fud_smtp
{

What to do? Is there any solution? Mayby I just del somthing like barbarians do...
Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 21:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26607 is a reply to message #26606] Thu, 28 July 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It cannot send a header because the function failed and generated an error message that got printed to screen. Once that has happened headers could not be sent. Try disabling FUDforum's built-in SMTP making it use PHP's native mail() function.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26608 is a reply to message #26607] Thu, 28 July 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 17:11

Try disabling FUDforum's built-in SMTP making it use PHP's native mail() function.

Shocked what do u saing to me? I dont understand it.. Sad I'm Sorry but I'm not so good at PHP, can u mak an manual or something? Couse i really can not handle of this, nativ mail()... Sad
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26609 is a reply to message #26608] Thu, 28 July 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There is already a manual about admin control panels... click the documentation link.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26611 is a reply to message #4840] Fri, 29 July 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i got a solution, (God please make it come true).
PHPTraid is emuling real server, couse it is to give beginner PHP programer chance to test there scripts on ther PC, so it may be (SMTP options) not or bad configurated. But on real server that is correct configurated the forum will be working correctly especialy te register.php . Am I good thinking? Say it's true! Please... Sad
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26624 is a reply to message #26611] Fri, 29 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That sounds logical, I suspect on "test" server network code may have been disabled all together preventing you from connecting to SMTP.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem with registering new users [message #26634 is a reply to message #4840] Fri, 29 July 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
May the Force be with Me and let the forum working... Now I must wait for server anserw, i will contact u how it goes, thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: plz help a lonely admin
Next Topic: Mlist_msg_id getting cleared when a message is edited
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 00:05:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02966 seconds