FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » 2.3.1RC Released
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.3.1RC Released [message #5438] Tue, 03 September 2002 14:50 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is the 1st RC release of the 2.3.1 stable, that I hope to release on Friday.

The 'core' of this release in the new upgrade script, which is much more intelligent then the previous incarnations when it comes to performing SQL upgrades. In addition the upgrade script finally supports PostgreSQL forums, enabling the users who use PostgreSQL to upgrade their forums just as easily as their MySQL counter parts have been able to do.
Both upgrade and install scripts are now much smaller ~700kb, the reason is that I've decided to use zlib compression instead of previous base64_encoding. The result is a much smaller script.
This should be pretty safe, since zlib extension is compiled by default with PHP and for Windows users is part of the standard distribution, so 99% of PHP enabled serves should have that extensions available for use.
Since this was a major revision of the upgrade script, I've personally tested it against nearly all versions starting 2.0.2 up until 2.3.1.

In addition to the major changes, I've also fixed a number of bugs that were found, those are listed below.

1. Some threadt optimizations
  2. Fixed rview redirection bug
  3. make selmsg use strftime and not time()
  4. Added rename() handler for windows
  5. Fixed a bug with read/unread message handling
  6. Improved layout for message/thread deletion confirmation page
  7. Rewrite of forum's error handling mechanism
  8. Added an admin script allowing the admin to easily browse
    forum's error log.
  9. Fixed a bug on logedin.inc.t dealing with last post link
  10. Updated the default SQL prefix
  11. lowercase some remaining upper case functions & defines
  12. Fixed a bug that prevented existing message from being set to sticky or announcements during editing.
  13. Fixed a bug that prevent 'expire never' from working properly.
  14. Fixed an invalid ICQ link in private messages
  15. Small optimizations in the spell checking code.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2002 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.3.1RC Released [message #5456 is a reply to message #5438] Tue, 03 September 2002 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
i have just tried running the upgrade script and i get: "Cannot open GLOBALS.php, this does not appear to be a forum directory. You need to upload the file in to the forum's WWW_SERVER_ROOT directory"

the link (and file) does exist. im going to continue looking into why it is doing this but it just seems odd.
Re: 2.3.1RC Released [message #5458 is a reply to message #5456] Tue, 03 September 2002 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
After analyzing the problem, it appears the bug is NOT in the upgrade script, but rather in file permissions on user's computer.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.3.1RC Released [message #5460 is a reply to message #5438] Tue, 03 September 2002 18:10 Go to previous message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
yeah...that was very much my mistake

just a bad day getting the best of me - sorry bout that
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.3.0RC4 Released
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.3.1RC2 Released
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:50:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02522 seconds