FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » More Information for registration
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
More Information for registration [message #5653] Wed, 11 September 2002 14:44 Go to next message
nname is currently offline  nname   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user

I'm setting up a forum for our circus, and we also have plans to use this to maintain our phone list for contacting members. As such, I added fields to the database to store their membership information (enumerated A or P), address (varchar 255), and phone (varchar 30).
I added the inputs to register.php named reg_active, reg_address, and reg_phone. Inside register.php, I changed the UPDATE query to include: address='".$this->address."',phone='".$this->phone.&am p;qu ot;',

When I update it, the information doesn't get stored. Is there a line somewhere else that I'm missing?
(it seems to be a problem with $this->name because $_REQUEST["name"] gets the unparsed data.)

Update: Can you please attach (or email me) a copy of register.php from FUD 2.3.0? I somehow made it so it won't process updates or call sync_user without having a backup (bad move, I know)

[Updated on: Wed, 11 September 2002 15:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: More Information for registration [message #5655 is a reply to message #5653] Wed, 11 September 2002 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You've modified the compiled file, while you should've been modifying the non compiled files.

aka user_reg.inc.t and register.php.t and register.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: More Information for registration [message #5656 is a reply to message #5655] Wed, 11 September 2002 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
the reason the variables do not get imported is because you did not change users.inc.t
and added $address = NULL; and $phone = NULL; to the class variable list.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: More Information for registration [message #5657 is a reply to message #5653] Wed, 11 September 2002 15:47 Go to previous message
nname is currently offline  nname   United States
add to buddy list

I see what you mean. I'm impressed at how well this works, I told it to rebuild the theme and it fixed my previous mistake. I'll modify the template files this time around.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Adding forums to pre-existing search engine
Next Topic: Users Online hack
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Dec 13 03:53:52 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00735 seconds