FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Wierd behaviour after forum transfer
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Wierd behaviour after forum transfer [message #7484] Mon, 25 November 2002 16:39 Go to next message
poggy is currently offline  poggy   United Kingdom
I've just moved my fud over to a nice fast hosting package which wouldn't let me install it the "proper" way. So...I transferred the tables, copied the files, edited GLOBALS.php, rebuilt the themes and everything seemed fine. One thing odd happened though. In the Group Manager I tried to edit one user's rights and I got a PHP error complaining it couldn't find reverse_fmt() (I think on line 90 but don't remember). So, looking at this file I confirmed that this function had disappeared! Copying groupmgr.php back from the old server to the new server sorted this out though and it's all well again! Any ideas why this would happen?

Also, the optimiser doesn't seem to work properly. It stops halfway through. But, reading the FAQ for my webhost it says that it will stop any CPU or Memory intensive scripts from running and I guess the optimiser would come under this category. Penny for your thoughts...

Very Happy

--
Mark Ogden
mark(at)poggy(dot)net
Re: Wierd behaviour after forum transfer [message #7485 is a reply to message #7484] Mon, 25 November 2002 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Optimizer is HIGHLY experimental and should not be used unless you are willing to risk forum breakage.
Optimizer gives you about a 5% boost in some cases and that is only if your host does not use any sort of PHP caching extensions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Wierd behaviour after forum transfer [message #7487 is a reply to message #7484] Mon, 25 November 2002 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poggy is currently offline  poggy   United Kingdom
OK great. Thanks. But what about the group manager failing? I reckon you're going to suggest rebuilding my theme from scratch aren't you?! Well I'll try that at the weekend.

--
Mark Ogden
mark(at)poggy(dot)net
Re: Wierd behaviour after forum transfer [message #7488 is a reply to message #7487] Mon, 25 November 2002 18:48 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When you do a data import not only the database data gets imported, all subsidiary file gets imported as well. Since later version may have added some new files once again you encounter problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Confirmation Email problems
Next Topic: Email issues
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:41:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03132 seconds