FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » postgres db error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
postgres db error [message #8720] Mon, 17 February 2003 19:30 Go to next message
bkersey is currently offline  bkersey   United States
New install on RedHat 7.2 running Postgres.
Is there a fix for this?
Warning: pg_query() query failed: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "," in /var/www/projects/forums/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 127

Warning: pg_result_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/projects/forums/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 128

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /var/www/projects/forums/forum/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

Thanks Bill Kersey
Re: postgres db error [message #8758 is a reply to message #8720] Fri, 21 February 2003 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Which version of FUDforum are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: postgres db error [message #8771 is a reply to message #8758] Fri, 21 February 2003 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Version 2.3.7 which I think is the latest available.
Re: postgres db error [message #8778 is a reply to message #8771] Sat, 22 February 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Which version of PostgreSQL are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: postgres db error [message #8783 is a reply to message #8758] Sat, 22 February 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. Here's the System Configuration Information

PHP built On: Linux linux1 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
MySQL Version: PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96
PHP Version: 4.2.3
Web Server: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.2.3 mod_perl/1.26
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Forum Version: 2.3.7
Relavent PHP Settings:
Safe Mode: OFF
Display Errors: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Disabled Functions: none
PSpell Support: No
Re: postgres db error [message #8784 is a reply to message #8778] Sat, 22 February 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand asking for the environment, but what does the Postgres version have to do with a parser error??
I get this error when I try to add a forum (admforum.php)for example, but I don't get the error when adding a Category.
Here's the errors again:
Warning: pg_query() query failed: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "," in /var/www/projects/forums/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 127

Warning: pg_result_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/projects/forums/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 128

Should I just give up on Postgres and try to get it running on MySQL or are you suggesting that my system configuration would cause even that to error?
Thanks again for your reply.
Bill
Re: postgres db error [message #8789 is a reply to message #8784] Sat, 22 February 2003 17:46 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum needs PostgreSQL 7.2 or higher to work properly. The reason for the error is that older PostgreSQL does not support locking of many tables at once.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum Version 2.3.7 slash or no slash
Next Topic: evil sql error...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:37:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03021 seconds