FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8774] Fri, 21 February 2003 23:29 Go to next message
eskimo is currently offline  eskimo   Canada
I modified my forum page header, and now my FUD is completely messed up. I even tried restoring the header back to the original (I kept a copy), and the main page is still messed up (see attachment).

I am using FUD v2.3.7 with PostgreSQL v7.3.2. The installation went fine, but editing this header immediately screwed things up.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong here? Is FUD actually 100% compatible with PostgreSQL, or is it better to use MySQL with FUD (I hate MySQL!) ..
  • Attachment: fud.png
    (Size: 22.93KB, Downloaded 815 times)
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8777 is a reply to message #8774] Sat, 22 February 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Database system will have not impact on this it is simply no relavent here.
Could you send me (attach to your reply) the modified copy of your header, I think you probably mis-modified it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8780 is a reply to message #8777] Sat, 22 February 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Fri, 21 February 2003 20:21

Could you send me (attach to your reply) the modified copy of your header, I think you probably mis-modified it.

I don't see how this is possible .. I just completely reinstalled FUD from scratch and went to the template editor, and without making a single change I hit Save .. Went back to the forums and it was corrupted again .. I tried replacing my FUD data folder with my backup, and it doesn't help .. Whatever is wrong must be in the database ..

In any event, I'll send my header.tmpl ..
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8781 is a reply to message #8774] Sat, 22 February 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know if you need any data from the FUD database .. I know my way around psql pretty well .. Just let me know what you need ..
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8796 is a reply to message #8781] Sat, 22 February 2003 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The file is broken, if you'll note that every " inside the 'header' section is escaped with a \. Remove those \ and the rebuild the theme, it should work then.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8799 is a reply to message #8796] Sat, 22 February 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sat, 22 February 2003 15:05

The file is broken, if you'll note that every " inside the 'header' section is escaped with a \. Remove those \ and the rebuild the theme, it should work then.

Well, like I said, this time I didn't even modify the header before I hit 'Save Changes'. So if the file is broken, it's because the FUD script broke it.

In any event, I removed all the \'s and then hit 'Save Changes', and the script immediately put the \'s back. I have no idea why it's doing that.

However, when I manually edit the header.tmpl file and rebuild the theme, it works fine. I'd rather use the Template editor script though, if I could get it to work without adding the \. Is it perhaps a PHP setting that's doing this? I don't remember ever seeing a setting like this, but something is definitely telling it to do that.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2003 21:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8800 is a reply to message #8774] Sat, 22 February 2003 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually manually added in my custom code into the header.tmpl and rebuilt the theme, and that works fine too. Something is definitely goofy with the template editor.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2003 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8824 is a reply to message #8800] Mon, 24 February 2003 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
I think this has do to with an incorrect PHP setting called 'magic_quotes'. If you look in the BUGS or HOWTO forums, you'll find some posts about it.
Re: Modifying forum page header corrupts FUD [message #8828 is a reply to message #8824] Tue, 25 February 2003 02:48 Go to previous message
AutoHost wrote on Mon, 24 February 2003 14:58

I think this has do to with an incorrect PHP setting called 'magic_quotes'. If you look in the BUGS or HOWTO forums, you'll find some posts about it.

You da man! This is exactly what the problem was! I edited my php.ini and reloaded my Apache and problem solved.

Now, my question is does changing this "magic_quotes" setting negatively affect other features of PHP that I should be aware of?

Thanks again for the advice, that problem was driving me batty.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Postgres install problem?
Next Topic: Help
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:11:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02532 seconds