FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Single User Database Hack?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Single User Database Hack? [message #9059] Tue, 11 March 2003 01:51 Go to next message
jim(at)xeongaming(dot)com is currently offline  jim(at)xeongaming(dot)com   United States
Anyone know what I'd have to do to allow multiple installations of these forums to run off of one user database?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #9088 is a reply to message #9059] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Easy, install 2 forums separately, then modify the SQL settings of one of the forums to use the same database as the other forum. The other thing you'll need to do is symlink the directory where the files are stored (messages) to the other forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #16662 is a reply to message #9059] Wed, 11 February 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhiteFire is currently offline  WhiteFire   United States
Does that allow you to have the same users with a different set of forums?

Or does it cause the two to be clones of each other?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 00:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #16663 is a reply to message #16662] Wed, 11 February 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
different set of forums, with a common user database.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #16664 is a reply to message #16663] Wed, 11 February 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhiteFire is currently offline  WhiteFire   United States
One more question: by same database, do you mean the prefix as well?

Thanks for the help, between this and the hack you posted elsewhere about using Fud's user authentication, I can do some nice things with my site. Smile
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #16665 is a reply to message #16664] Wed, 11 February 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
of course, the two forums must be using the same db prefix.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #17671 is a reply to message #16665] Sat, 10 April 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alansmith is currently offline  alansmith   United Kingdom
Nah i tried it and got common forums but with a different container.
icon5.gif  Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #20171 is a reply to message #17671] Thu, 30 September 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vrom is currently offline  vrom   Russian Federation
I have the same problem Crying or Very Sad
Do you fined any solution?

----
Can I install 3 different forums on
www.mysite1.com
www.mysite2.com
www.mysite3.com
and use ONE user list (one user table in database).
All site will be on one server and will can use one MySQL database. Of course I will pay for 3 licences.

Thank you in advance
Valery

Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #20186 is a reply to message #20171] Thu, 30 September 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There are no licenses for FUDforum, so it does not really matter Razz

If you can figure out how to do it yourself , you can hire us to do it Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #27544 is a reply to message #20186] Mon, 12 September 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrLeN is currently offline  MrLeN   Australia
How much?

MrLeN
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #27546 is a reply to message #27544] Mon, 12 September 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Depending of the specs, feel free to send an e-mail to sales(at)prohost(dot)org and we can discuss the pricing and project specifics.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Single User Database Hack? [message #28717 is a reply to message #27546] Sun, 06 November 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tharo is currently offline  Tharo   Germany
Hmm Ilia i have to make such an "Matrix" Hack for this Forums in near Future.

The Matrix Hack includes unlimited Forums running on the same Engine, sharing the same db tables and php Files to kill out overheads.

I want (or in other words i HAVE to support)
- Multible Forums running on the same Engine
- Using the Same or Differen Users - this will be optional.

- Full featured admin and forums Settings for each admin of his own matrix cell.
- World Forums/Categorys. Forums or Categorys that would displayed in each Matrix cell and got controled by the mastermind (lol) On the different users setting this may cause that one user is posing on multible nicknames / accounts without an evil spirit behind that. But i think inserting a "Meta User" management into the hack would go to far.

icon6.gif  Single User Database Hack ! [message #28872 is a reply to message #28717] Mon, 14 November 2005 15:57 Go to previous message
ambitionen is currently offline  ambitionen   Germany
Tried a very simple way to have one common user database (on the same server) and it seems to work:

Install the 2nd forum in a new directoy with the same database, but change the prefix from e.g. "fud26_" to "fud1_"

Replace in the source code all "fud26_users" with "fud1_users". In my case 267 matches have been found.

Under Linux with root rights you may install "rpl" from Joe Laffey to this, under Windows there are also some free tools available to avoid hours of hand work.

At the end the new forum starts with a counter of 0 posts, but any user can login with his name.
I left the "cookies" different for the moment, as I do not know the outcome otherwise.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Templeates Hack
Next Topic: Modified version of popfud.php: popfudx.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:18:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05874 seconds