FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Tried to add a new user and I can't Login (new or otherwise) or post messages. Why?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Tried to add a new user and I can't Login (new or otherwise) or post messages. Why? [message #964] Fri, 15 March 2002 14:27 Go to next message
Andy is currently offline  Andy   Barbados
Hello

I am running the forum on my local machine via a virtual server (LocalHost). I removed the e-mail confirmation and tried to add a new user. No more messages about e-mail confirmation required came up, but I can't login as the New User or any other users which where working before when I confirmed them in the Admin Control panel. Now admin user takes several attempts to login and the new posts are not immediately visible. Only after Fourm consistancy is executed the new posts will appear and then I get a message saying "There is a problem with this Message" or something like that.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Andy
Re: Tried to add a new user and I can't Login (new or otherwise) or post messages. Why? [message #966 is a reply to message #964] Fri, 15 March 2002 20:56 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hm... when you try to login as a new user do you get some sort of an error message?

Also, try unchecking the checkbox on the login page, which will stop the forum from trying to use cookies, see if that'll solve the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: tz variable generates php warning
Next Topic: All users can appove all messages in moderated forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:17:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02783 seconds