FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH)  () 3 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #158518] Sun, 01 March 2009 03:05 Go to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
I'd just set out to start creating a tutorial on modifying the forum.css to create new color schemes when I found that user WITCH had already done precisely that in a detailed and specific post at piasa.info.

This excellent tutorial will show beginners in detail which parameters in forum.css affect which page elements.

Enjoy, and thanks to WITCH for their excellent work!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2009 15:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #158519 is a reply to message #158518] Sun, 01 March 2009 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Please note that you can not simply change forum.css and expect the changes to remain intact after rebuilding your theme from the theme manager. You must modify in your fudforum data directory a file called thm/<template name>/tmpl/forum.css.tmpl
Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #159113 is a reply to message #158518] Tue, 05 May 2009 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
There's a new resource on the Wiki for those interested in exploring color in their FUDforum themes. The FUDStyler utility lets you experiment with colors dynamically on a mockup of the forum interface so you can watch which page elements are affected by your changes. You can copy the color codes into the indicated locations in your own theme (note Marticus' additional info above).

Enjoy, and thanks to whoever built this valuable resource (Frank? That you? Very Happy)

index.php?t=getfile&id=5589&private=0
  • Attachment: FUDstyler.jpg
    (Size: 213.33KB, Downloaded 3843 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #159151 is a reply to message #159113] Sat, 09 May 2009 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Yip, guilty as charged. However, it would be great if someone can expand it. If the utility can apply changes automatically, we can later add it to the Admin Control Panel.

Best regards.

Frank
icon6.gif  Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #159812 is a reply to message #159151] Fri, 26 June 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I had a chance to play with it a bit finally, and its still out of my grasp, but I did find that I can save the FUDstyler icon as a shortcut link to my desk top, which makes it handy.
And it's a whole lot easier than chasing colors and changes with note pad and firebug.

Any hints on how I would add additional pages?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #186005 is a reply to message #159812] Thu, 29 May 2014 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dale is currently offline  dale
It's cute and easy. thanks!

another thing that would be nice is a list or picture of what each section / group of images/ css / etc. is available and what it corresponds to in the forum look. For instance, I feel I'd like to have more space in the text showing the path to current forum and the SHOW options. Where is that? Or adding a bit more padding here and there to make my forum feel a bit less cramped. Currently I have to use browser tools to locate the div etc. for what I'd like to modify, then grep all the php files hoping to find a match in one of them. It takes a lot of time to do anything dealing with overall look and feel.

This tool is an excellent start, THANKS Witcher and naudefj!
Re: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH) [message #186849 is a reply to message #186005] Tue, 17 March 2015 11:29 Go to previous message
alastairbrian is currently offline  alastairbrian
I found great resources from this thread, Thanks for sharing.

PrestaShop Plugins Home : www.fmedmodules.com
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Groups and user permissions
Next Topic: The Templating System Explained
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:04:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03177 seconds