FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Moving to a new host. (Problems importing data)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moving to a new host. [message #158536] Mon, 02 March 2009 22:37 Go to next message
Layne123 is currently offline  Layne123   United States
Frustrated noob here....

I did some searches and nothing showed up that helped.

I'm trying to move from my current host to godaddy. I have installed the same version of fudforum (Forum Version: 2.7.6 - from the best I can tell) on the godaddy server and have tried to import the datadump in both gz and .fud format. About 30 seconds into the data import the screen blanks. I click "Return to forum" and get this error:
Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/content/l/l/i/llitz123/html/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 188

Basically I want to make sure everything works on the godaddy server before I shut down the old server. One hitch that I don't completely understand is that godaddy has this "feature" called previewdns which allows me to test site settings without actually transferring my domain. I'm not sure if this is causing issues with fudforum or not.

Any help in troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I don't even know where to begin.

Clan =SS= Underachieving Cyber-athletes!
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158539 is a reply to message #158536] Tue, 03 March 2009 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
For starters, please check what error occured when you received the blank screen (look in your webserver's error_log file).

Also see, "FUDforum shows a blank screen. What now?" at http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158546 is a reply to message #158539] Tue, 03 March 2009 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Mon, 02 March 2009 23:34
For starters, please check what error occured when you received the blank screen (look in your webserver's error_log file).

Also see, "FUDforum shows a blank screen. What now?" at http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Thanks for the heads up. I just enabled the web stats and they won't be available for a while. I added the following code:
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

to the top of admimport.php per the instructions on the link you posted and nothing different happened; the screen still went blank.

If I can find the web server's log file, I'll test and post the errors I find, if any.

Thanks.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158553 is a reply to message #158546] Tue, 03 March 2009 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I looked into the only error logs I seem to have access to, and it showed this over and over:
Failed loading /usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so:  /usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed loading /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so:  /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Tue Mar  3 11:31:42 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] (2)No such file or directory: File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/l/i/llitz123/html/FUDforum2/install.php

Could I be having this issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 March 2009 21:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158554 is a reply to message #158536] Tue, 03 March 2009 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
System Info on new install of FUDforum:
PHP built On:  	Linux p3nlh089.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Aug 5 08:14:05 EDT 2008 i686
Database Version: 	4.1.22-max-log
PHP Version: 	4.4.9
Web Server: 	Apache
WebServer to PHP interface: 	cgi-fcgi
Forum Version: 	2.7.6
Relavent PHP Settings: 	
Safe Mode: 	OFF
Open basedir: 	none
Display Errors: 	ON
File Uploads: 	ON
Maximum File Upload Size: 	2M
Magic Quotes: 	ON
Register Globals: 	OFF
Output Buffering: 	Yes
Disabled Functions: 	none
PSpell Support: 	No
Zlib Support: 	Yes

[Updated on: Tue, 03 March 2009 18:48]

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158559 is a reply to message #158554] Tue, 03 March 2009 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just for kicks I uploaded FUDforum_zl_2-7-6.zip (md5 checksum: 01a892d43757453bc6d3d1828e82ccdc) and unzipped it on the server using the godaddy control panel GUI. I redid the install and the forum installs fine. I tried to import a newer datadump from early this morning the same issue happened - the data import seems to fail and there's a blank screen.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 March 2009 20:25]

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158561 is a reply to message #158559] Tue, 03 March 2009 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something I noticed...

I add:
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

to admimport.php per the directions on the support site and I changed "@set_time_limit(6000);" to "@set_time_limit(24000);". When the data import page blanks, I went back to check on the admimport.php and the settings I changed are missing - the file looks to be back to default settings. Unsure if this is normal behavior. I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just going to wait for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158562 is a reply to message #158561] Tue, 03 March 2009 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It's probably because the script is restoring your forum's files. Maybe you should remove that part from the script and restart it. It might also help to make the script more verbose (add some "echo" statements to it) so you can track its progress.
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158563 is a reply to message #158562] Tue, 03 March 2009 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Tue, 03 March 2009 15:08
It's probably because the script is restoring your forum's files. Maybe you should remove that part from the script and restart it. It might also help to make the script more verbose (add some "echo" statements to it) so you can track its progress.

Thanks for your reply. Any chance you could give examples of what I need to do? Which script? The admimport.php? I have no idea what to remove from the script. Nor do I know how or where to add "echo" statements to the script...

I guess I just don't understand why the import/export process won't simply work for me.

Thanks.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158564 is a reply to message #158536] Tue, 03 March 2009 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also do the error messages in [message #158553] offer any help?

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158605 is a reply to message #158564] Fri, 06 March 2009 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please copy the attached file over your "adm/admimport.php" script and let me know if it solves the problem. The new script is more verbose and will not restore itself from the backup archive.
  • Attachment: adm.zip
    (Size: 4.03KB, Downloaded 1037 times)
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158608 is a reply to message #158605] Fri, 06 March 2009 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 06 March 2009 09:45
Please copy the attached file over your "adm/admimport.php" script and let me know if it solves the problem. The new script is more verbose and will not restore itself from the backup archive.

Thank you very much. I'm out of town for a few days. I'll do it the minute I get back and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158745 is a reply to message #158605] Tue, 17 March 2009 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 06 March 2009 09:45

I was able to use your file. It was much more descriptive; this is what the output looked like:
Restoring data files...
Skip admimport.php, don't overwrite self
Drop database tables...
Create database tables...
Loading database tables...

I waited a while with this screen this way and then checked phpmyadmin. The total size of the database in phpmyadmin is 200K and unchanging and the export file I am trying to import is about 70MB.

I have a few cosmetic changes on the current forum, yet that's about it. I don't believe I edited or altered anything else in case that might matter.

Could I be using the wrong version? Do subversions show up? The current version says "Forum Version: 2.7.6", yet do Release Candidates show up as "RC" or something? I am using the 2.7.6 stable release for the new forum setup.

Thank you for your time. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 19:09]

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158746 is a reply to message #158745] Tue, 17 March 2009 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Would it be possible to mail me the forum dump so I can try to import it myself?
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158747 is a reply to message #158746] Tue, 17 March 2009 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 15:00
Would it be possible to mail me the forum dump so I can try to import it myself?

Sure. I'll send it in a bit. Thanks!

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158778 is a reply to message #158747] Fri, 20 March 2009 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Good news: I was able to load your forum dump after making some small adjustments to the import script.

Please use this version: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/fileview?f=install/www_root/adm /admimport.php&v=1.65

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158780 is a reply to message #158778] Fri, 20 March 2009 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 20 March 2009 10:08
Good news: I was able to load your forum dump after making some small adjustments to the import script.

Please use this version: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/fileview?f=install/www_root/adm /admimport.php&v=1.65

Wow. I'll take a look soon and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158811 is a reply to message #158778] Fri, 27 March 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 20 March 2009 10:08

I decided to give it a try. It seems I am still unable to import. Maybe I'm doing something wrong; I can't seem to find a complete step by step for exporting/importing data.

1. I export the current forum using "Make forum datadump" and I check "Use Gzip Compression".

2. I save the gzip datadump to my computer and un gzip the file and then zip it so it's easier to work with on my host.

3. I upload the zipped datadump to my host and then unzip it.

4. I already installed and setup the new fudforum. I use 2 new directories for files in my html directory:
/html/forum holds all the browseable files
/html/FUDforum holds all the NON-browseable files

4a. I backed up the default installed admimport.php and replace it with the one you suggested I use.

5. When I click "Import forum data" and provide the path to my unzipped forum data dump; I click "Import Data" and get this:

Restoring data files...
Drop database tables...
Create database tables...
Loading database tables...

I understand you were able to import the data, yet what can I possibly do to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158812 is a reply to message #158811] Fri, 27 March 2009 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you should at the very least get an error, even if it's somewhere hidden in a log file. We cannot move forward without an error. Please do the following:

* Open your httpd.conf file, look for ErrorLog, and see if you have errors in the referenced file.
* Open your php.ini file, look for error_log, and see if you have errors in the referenced file.

Best of luck!

Frank
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #159050 is a reply to message #158812] Tue, 28 April 2009 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Fri, 27 March 2009 11:07
Well, you should at the very least get an error, even if it's somewhere hidden in a log file. We cannot move forward without an error. Please do the following:

* Open your httpd.conf file, look for ErrorLog, and see if you have errors in the referenced file.
* Open your php.ini file, look for error_log, and see if you have errors in the referenced file.

Best of luck!

Frank

Thanks again for all your help. I've been busy and today is the first day I had to troubleshoot the issue again...

I'm hosting on godaddy so AFAIK, I don't have access to the httpd.conf.

Here is the php.ini that I could find:
register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

I have to enable the error log each time I want to capture errors @ godaddy. I re-datadumped to a new file "FUDforum_28_04_2009_04_36.fud.gz". I then reinstalled the same version of FUDforum on the new hosting server (as far as I can tell). Next I imported the file "FUDforum_28_04_2009_04_36.fud.gz" (I didnt un-gzip the file) using the default FUDForum install (not the admimport.php you sent along) and the window went blank as usual. Here is what was in the error log after the process I just outlined:
Failed loading /usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so:  /usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed loading /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so:  /usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Tue Apr 28 10:24:09 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] (2)No such file or directory: File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/l/l/i/llitz123/html/FUDforum2/install.php
[Tue Apr 28 10:30:41 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/blank.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:30:41 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.102] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/back.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:30:41 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/unknown.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:49 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.102] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/blank.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:49 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.102] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/unknown.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:49 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/back.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:57 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.101] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/blank.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:57 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.102] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/unknown.gif
[Tue Apr 28 10:31:57 2009] [error] [client 208.109.80.102] client denied by server configuration: /web/icons/back.gif

My system info before the install:
System Information
PHP Version:	4.4.9
Magic quotes gpc:
For performance reasons we recommend keeping this option OFF.	enabled
MySQL Extension:
Interface to the MySQL server, which is the recommended database for FUDforum.	enabled
PostgreSQL Extension:
Interface to the PostgreSQL server.	disabled
PCRE Extension:
Perl Compatible Regular Expression (required).	enabled
Zlib Extension:
zlib extension is optional, however we recommend enabling it. This extension allow you to compress your forum backups as well as use zlib compression for your pages.	enabled
Pspell Extension:
Pspell extension is optional, this extension is needed by the FUDforum's built-in spellchecker. If you want to allow users to spell check their messages, enable this extension.	disabled

Thanks in advance for any further assistance with this.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #159067 is a reply to message #159050] Sat, 02 May 2009 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't see any FUDforum related errors. However, looks like ZendOptimizer is either not installed or not installed properly on your server. Please reinstall ZendOptimizer or edit your php.ini and comment out the lines that start it up.
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #159090 is a reply to message #159067] Sun, 03 May 2009 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Sat, 02 May 2009 03:44
I don't see any FUDforum related errors. However, looks like ZendOptimizer is either not installed or not installed properly on your server. Please reinstall ZendOptimizer or edit your php.ini and comment out the lines that start it up.

I got rid of Zend. I also noticed that even tho the restore process fails, some of the files get imported from the dump; it looks like the import starts to restore themes and after the default theme just stops.
Where the import/restore process stops:
index.php?t=getfile&id=5584&private=0

/images:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5585&private=0

There were no FUDforum errors in the error logs I have access to on godaddy.
  • Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 20.01KB, Downloaded 2274 times)
  • Attachment: Picture 2.png
    (Size: 18.44KB, Downloaded 2495 times)

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #159094 is a reply to message #159090] Mon, 04 May 2009 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The next step would be to debug the import script by adding "echo" lines to it to see where it's failing. If you need help, PM me access details so I can have a look at it.
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #160255 is a reply to message #159094] Tue, 11 August 2009 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thanks to your assistance we figured out that godaddy was to blame... This was your evaluation:

Quote:
The import is failing from command line as well. Something on the
system is killing jobs that run too long or uses too much CPU or
memory.

The import fails with message "Terminated" and return code 143. So, I
bet it received a TERM signal (128 + 15 = 143 and 15 = SIGTERM).

Please ask your hosting provider to investigate.

Why 143? The TERM signal (the default signal sent with the kill(1)
command) has a value of 15. 128 + 15 = 143.

Godaddy wanted me to upgrade to a VDS which I don't need/want.

I have since moved to a new host to try and get this site and fudforum moved... I am receiving the following error when I try and access install.php:
?????

I have tried the zlib version and the non compressed version of the installer. I have uploaded and extracted using the cpanel control panel as well as uploading via FTP and extracting using the cpanel control panel.

I do not have ssh access to the server.
There are no logs to speak of - raw access logs and error logs. Nothing is shown in the error logs.

Info you may need:
cPanel Version 11.24.4-STABLE
Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.9
Safemode OFF
Memory Limit 256M
CentOS 5 Kernel version 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5

Thanks for any further assistance.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2009 23:03]

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #160256 is a reply to message #158536] Tue, 11 August 2009 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I chmod 777 all files and the install folder (/www/FUDforum2/), I get 500 Internal Server Error.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #160265 is a reply to message #160256] Wed, 12 August 2009 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That's a webserver error. You need to look in your webserver's error_log file to understand what's going on.
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #160270 is a reply to message #160265] Wed, 12 August 2009 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 11:20
That's a webserver error. You need to look in your webserver's error_log file to understand what's going on.

Sigh... I like working with you much better than my web hosts. Will dig around and see what I find. Thanks.

Re: Moving to a new host. [message #160274 is a reply to message #160270] Wed, 12 August 2009 23:14 Go to previous message
I have no idea - when I mess with permissions to 755 or 777 install.php, I get
SoftException in Application.cpp:610: Directory "/home/clanss5/public_html/FUDforum2" is writeable by others

or
SoftException in Application.cpp:264: File "/home/clanss5/public_html/FUDforum2/install.php" is writeable by others

Can't find any more info on the server errors, yet this is kind of close...

I re-upped the FUDforum_zl_2-7-6.zip and extracted it using the cpanel "exract" button. I then navigated to the FUDforum2/install.php via web browser and got "?????". There are no errors for this in the server error logs.

What am I missing? Thanks for any assistance.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: collapse and expand buttons no longer available after restoring data dump!
Next Topic: decompress error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:32:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03261 seconds