FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » A few messages becoming blank
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
A few messages becoming blank [message #158856] Sun, 05 April 2009 01:30 Go to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
Hmm... starting to see a weird little issue cropping up. Got a Fatal Error during rebuilding of search index, and now some of my threads are coming up with this info above the header:

Quote:

Warning: fopen(/home/kerrygal/FUDforum/messages/msg_-120000) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kerrygal/public_html/ParisForums/theme/PF09_Beta_2/msg.php on line 557

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/kerrygal/public_html/ParisForums/theme/PF09_Beta_2/msg.php on line 560

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/kerrygal/public_html/ParisForums/theme/PF09_Beta_2/msg.php on line 561

[Updated on: Sun, 05 April 2009 01:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A few messages becoming blank [message #158859 is a reply to message #158856] Sun, 05 April 2009 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Strange. I'm currently on leave and don't have access to the code. Will have a look when I'm back.
Re: A few messages becoming blank [message #158860 is a reply to message #158856] Sun, 05 April 2009 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToniCE is currently offline  ToniCE   Germany

I had the same issue some weeks ago. Since I was trying a conversion to Simplemachines Forum, i thougt it had to do with the converter...

Some of the file_id entries in the database got a "-" before it so the script could not find them.

The folowing sql-statement did the trick for me to repair the fud database.

UPDATE fud23_msg SET file_id = REPLACE(file_id, '-', '') WHERE LEFT(file_id, 1) = '-'

You'll have to replace the fud23_ thing with your own prefix.
Re: A few messages becoming blank [message #158861 is a reply to message #158860] Mon, 06 April 2009 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
Sad to say, that seems to have messed things up far worse; first posts of threads are basically trashed now.

*Sigh*.
Re: A few messages becoming blank [message #158865 is a reply to message #158856] Mon, 06 April 2009 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToniCE is currently offline  ToniCE   Germany

I'm sorry to hear that. Sad
Re: A few messages becoming blank [message #158868 is a reply to message #158865] Tue, 07 April 2009 00:09 Go to previous message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   
LOL, sorry Toni, didn't mean that to come off unappreciative of the help - it was actually limited to one area and was pretty quick work to restore.

I'd like to find out what's up, however; I have a feeling something's "not quite right" in my forums. Maybe I've botched something in the theming, or there might be a problem with the many MIME attachments it's swallowed unparsed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PHP Notice on "Bookmarks" tab
Next Topic: bbcode html chaos
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:36:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04210 seconds