FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Help! Suddenly can't edit or delete posts
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Help! Suddenly can't edit or delete posts [message #158994] Tue, 21 April 2009 13:50 Go to next message
linkmail is currently offline  linkmail   United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been running a FUDForum system for ages but it was set up for my by our former techie. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to PHP (can just about spell it but that's your lot) but everything has been okay. Until recently...

As far as I know, nothing has changed, but suddenly when I try to move or delete messages, I get an error like the following:

) 1100: Table '6_msg' was not locked with LOCK TABLES

As of today, I now also get it when I try to edit messages. (Editing worked for a while even when when I couldn't delete or move posts). That's a bigger issue as my moderating options are severely limited if I can't remove/edit any message.

I went into the Admin Control Panel and clicked on "Lock/Unlock Forum's Files" and it says in big red letters "The forum's files appear to be: UNLOCKED"

That's your problem, I thought. So I typed in my user name and password and clicked the lock button, but instead of working I just got a screenfull of messages saying:

"ERROR: Unable to open "/var/www/forums... etc"

So I tried to FTP to that directory (which I can normally open with no problem) but it now says "Error 550 Failed to change directory".

So it looks like it may be directory permissions, or it may be that the forums are broken. Either way I'm a bit clueless where to start so would very much appreciate any advice! (By the way if admins are reading this, I'd be delighted to pay for an upgrade to the latest version - I've sent an email).

Many thanks in advance

David
Re: Help! Suddenly can't edit or delete posts [message #158995 is a reply to message #158994] Tue, 21 April 2009 19:15 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Please do the following:

1. backup your forum and copy or FTP the dump to a safe location;

2. run a consistency check followed by the SQL table optimizer; and

3. regenerate all your themes.

If any of the above fails, or the problem persists, PM me your forum's URL and admin userid/password so I can have a look.

Best regards.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: cannot attach the file or picture
Next Topic: change ROOT path and time problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 06:08:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02603 seconds