FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Converting from PHPBB3?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Converting from PHPBB3? [message #159267] Sun, 17 May 2009 10:52 Go to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   

Hi!

Is there any way by now to convert a forum based on PHPBB3 to FUD?

There is one site that I'm trying to convince from PHPBB to FUD because of the possibility to sync to a newsgroup and a mailing list.

Michael
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #159268 is a reply to message #159267] Sun, 17 May 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
We have a converter for PHPBB2. However, I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be to update it to version 3. Is the differences documented (especially the database schema)?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #159407 is a reply to message #159268] Sun, 31 May 2009 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've just managed to convert a default phpBB3 install to FUDforum. If you are serious about this, please let me know.
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #159461 is a reply to message #159407] Thu, 04 June 2009 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   Germany

Hi!
naudefj schrieb am So, 31 Mai 2009 14:05
I've just managed to convert a default phpBB3 install to FUDforum. If you are serious about this, please let me know.

That sounds great! Are there any downsides? It will be a forum with some thousand users. Shell access is no problem. Some technical issues have to be solved before - that's what I'm doing at the moment.

But: The biggest problem will be to convince the current administrators and the board (some members of the board are supporting my idea - but we have elections in the next months so I can't really tell if I can convince the new elected persons)

Michael
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #159787 is a reply to message #159461] Wed, 24 June 2009 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:
That sounds great! Are there any downsides?

I cannot think of any right now. Needless to say, if your run into problems I would be more than willing to help.

Quote:
The biggest problem will be to convince the current administrators and the board

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163291 is a reply to message #159787] Thu, 14 October 2010 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katib is currently offline  katib   Morocco
Hi all
Is this pbpbb3 converter available?
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163293 is a reply to message #163291] Thu, 14 October 2010 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, you can download it from
http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum/trunk/converters/phpBB/
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163295 is a reply to message #163293] Thu, 14 October 2010 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks
will give it a try
I have a question: Can you give a list of what will be converted?
forums, posts, permissions, smilies, avatars..?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2010 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163300 is a reply to message #163295] Fri, 15 October 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've installed FDforum on local server
set correct phpbb3 instalation path in phpbb3.php
run the script
I got following errors repeated several times
(It seems script converster deosnot support UTF, as usernames in my forums are in arabic:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\include\theme\default\db.inc on line 175

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\include\theme\default\db.inc on line 175
Finished Importing Smilies
Importing Avatar Galleries

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No error (errno 0) in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 168
Finished Importing Avatar Galleries, 229 avatars improted
Importing Users 3795

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_attachsig in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 239

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_NONE - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_NONE' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 286

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_UPLOAD - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_UPLOAD' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 291

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_REMOTE - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_REMOTE' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 314

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_GALLERY - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_GALLERY' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 348
Unsupported avatar type 0

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_attachsig in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 239

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_NONE - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_NONE' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 286

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_UPLOAD - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_UPLOAD' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 291

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_REMOTE - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_REMOTE' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 314

Notice: Use of undefined constant USER_AVATAR_GALLERY - assumed 'USER_AVATAR_GALLERY' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 348
Unsupported avatar type 3

user: ????? ????
        WARNING: Cannot import user ????? ????, user with this email and/or login already exists

user: ???? ????
        WARNING: Cannot import user ???? ????, user with this email and/or login already exists

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$auth_view in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 437

Notice: Use of undefined constant AUTH_ALL - assumed 'AUTH_ALL' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 437

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$auth_view in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 440

Notice: Use of undefined constant AUTH_REG - assumed 'AUTH_REG' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 440

Notice: Use of undefined constant POST_GLOBAL_ANNOUNCE - assumed 'POST_GLOBAL_ANNOUNCE' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 488

Notice: Use of undefined constant TOPIC_LOCKED - assumed 'TOPIC_LOCKED' in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 492

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15937 bytes) in H:\xampplite\htdocs\FUD\phpBB3.php on line 46

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2010 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163301 is a reply to message #163300] Fri, 15 October 2010 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well
I was using FUDforum 2.6
Now I installed FUDforum 3.0.1RC1.
THe script stop at:
Beginning Conversion Process
Reading phpBB3 config
Done: Reading phpBB3 config
Importing Smilies: 78
Finished Importing Smilies
Importing Avatar Galleries
Couldn't copy avatar (H:\xampplite\htdocs\fud\images\avatars/smiley01.jpg) to (H:/xampplite/htdocs/fud/images/avatars/smiley01.jpg)
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163312 is a reply to message #163301] Sat, 16 October 2010 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I can think of two possible reasons:

1. PhpBB's avatar gallery path points to an invalid directory. Fix it and re-try.

2. Alternatively, you haven't specified the FULL path to the phpBB3 config.php file as per the documentation.
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163315 is a reply to message #163312] Sat, 16 October 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for reply
But how can I set the FULL path?
phpbb is installed in H drive:
H:\xampplite\htdocs\bb307
I can reach it with: http://localhost/bb307

So what is the FULL path in this case?

Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163319 is a reply to message #163315] Sat, 16 October 2010 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FULL path is H:\xampplite\htdocs\bb307\config.php (in phpBB3.php) and not something like ../bb307/config.php.
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163825 is a reply to message #163319] Fri, 03 December 2010 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tw_nick   

Naudefj,
Just so I'm clear, will phpBB3.php allow me to import directly from a phpBB forum to a FUD3.02 forum?
Re: Converting from PHPBB3? [message #163827 is a reply to message #163825] Fri, 03 December 2010 02:39 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
That's the idea, yes.
However, it will probably need a couple of tweaks for 3.0.2 (3.0.2 has a revamped DB layer).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Beating a dead horse, again and again... Ikonboard converter
Next Topic: MyBB 1.6.1 >> FUD
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:44:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02848 seconds