FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Beaujolais theme (New experimental theme)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Beaujolais theme [message #159553] Wed, 10 June 2009 10:45 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
How about this one? Name? Suggestions on how to improve it?

http://cvs.prohost.org/images/4/4a/Maroon.jpg
  • Attachment: maroon.zip
    (Size: 4.92KB, Downloaded 875 times)
icon6.gif  Re: Maroon theme [message #159554 is a reply to message #159553] Wed, 10 June 2009 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States

Hmmm! ValenFud? Laughing

Try using the Buttons I uploaded earlier with it and make it a more complete theme, or would you prefer something different?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Maroon theme [message #159555 is a reply to message #159554] Wed, 10 June 2009 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
These buttons have a black background, and will thus not work well against the theme's white background.

PS: It will be great if you can include a "Quick Reply" button for future use.
icon6.gif  Re: Maroon theme [message #159556 is a reply to message #159555] Wed, 10 June 2009 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent idea! should that be a 100x25 gif or 71x18? I have added it to my boilerplate as 100x25 pending recommendations (there is a size consideration because of the number of letters and current text size, Quick Reply will be saved as quick_reply.gif).

Any others? Currently I am considering a mapped toolbar, a home and contact button, as well as additional user ranks and tags, it would be much more better to make more rather than less as it saves hassles later.

And of course you are right about the background also, the transparent backgrounds I tried so far did not look or work so good, but that is unacceptable to me so it will be done, count on it.

Re: Maroon theme [message #159557 is a reply to message #159556] Wed, 10 June 2009 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds great! The quick_reply.gif button should be 100x25, you are spot on.
Re: Maroon theme [message #159558 is a reply to message #159557] Wed, 10 June 2009 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
Heh - the name that came to me was "Beaujolais", I drank one in Paris with a similar color once.
icon6.gif  Re: Maroon theme [message #159559 is a reply to message #159558] Thu, 11 June 2009 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg wrote on Wed, 10 June 2009 16:49
Heh - the name that came to me was "Beaujolais", I drank one in Paris with a similar color once.

I'll drink to that! it has a nice ring to it, and like FUDforum it just gets better with age (and the proper care and treatment), I withdraw "FUDintine" in favor of "Beaujolais".

Frank

here is your quick reply button, can you add it to the zip file or should I prepare another file?

index.php?t=getfile&id=5624&private=0

Belay my last Frank

I forgot that my ability to edit is not time limited here, and I have already added the image to the zip file.

I also edited the display image to give credit for the software I used to create them, and added a read me file to the zip with some basic instructions for use.

You might want to check it for accuracy (save trouble later)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 June 2009 06:11]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Maroon theme [message #159560 is a reply to message #159553] Thu, 11 June 2009 07:25 Go to previous message
Here are your buttons for the Maroon theme, I did not do any rank or user tags, figured they could wait until we had a proper list and save effort and time, we are already getting ahead of ourselves (PPPPPPP)

These are really pretty simple text only, on a colored image, they could probably be done with paint. But I am thinking we should shoot for sets with embedded icons like the default Fudforum buttons, so if you happen to have a copy of those Icons handy I could try and embed them.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5627&private=0

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Theme Gallery ?
Next Topic: Theme based on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Fan Site Kit
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:42:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02456 seconds