FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Upgrading script corrupted when create_file_list's php binary is modified
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon1.gif  Upgrading script corrupted when create_file_list's php binary is modified [message #159709] Wed, 17 June 2009 19:50 Go to next message
rflores is currently offline  rflores
Hi, for public information.

At upgrade, If I edit the create_file_list script in order to change my PHP binary, I get a 11M corrupted archive file which can be correctly use for the upgrade.

Here is how I resolve temporarily the problem : I had to make a symbolic link from my /usr/bin/php5 binary to /usr/local/bin/php for the archive created not to be corrupted at upgrading step.

Furthermore, on documentation (cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Upgrading), it is precised that we have to modify upgrade.php script for making above edition (for php binary), but in this file, there is nothing to edit in this way, it is the create_file_list file which must be edited. It might be great to correct the documentation.

Concerning the upgrade, is there any way that the checksum take account the modifications into the edited file ?

Just for information.
Re: Upgrading script corrupted when create_file_list's php binary is modified [message #159711 is a reply to message #159709] Wed, 17 June 2009 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Documentation wiki:
If you already have a PHP binary on your system, but it is not inside /usr/local/bin/php, modify the 1st line inside the upgrade.php script to reflect the proper path of the PHP binary on your system.

This should probably read, ...inside the create_file_list script...
I'll quickly fix it. Note that the documentation is on a wiki, so feel free to jump to fix mistakes or improve it.

Quote:
At upgrade, If I edit the create_file_list script in order to change my PHP binary, I get a 11M corrupted archive file which can be correctly use for the upgrade.

It works for me. What version of PHP are you using? Windows or Linux?

User rflores:
is there any way that the checksum take account the modifications into the edited file

Not sure I understand the question. Can you please rephrase?

PS: I normally run this script with php -q create_file_list upgrade 1 >> upgrade2.php (note upgrade2 to prevent the script from overwriting itself).
Re: Upgrading script corrupted when create_file_list's php binary is modified [message #159715 is a reply to message #159711] Wed, 17 June 2009 20:40 Go to previous message
rflores is currently offline  rflores
naudefj wrote on Wed, 17 June 2009 22:18
Note that the documentation is on a wiki, so feel free to jump to fix mistakes or improve it.

Hm, yeah, you're right. When needed, I'll update this wiki myself. Smile

It works for me. What version of PHP are you using? Windows or Linux?

Here are information about the system :
Forum Version: 2.8.1
PHP Version: 5.2.6-3ubuntu4.1
PHP built On: Linux rflores-laptop 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686
Database Type: mysql
Database Version: 5.0.75-0ubuntu10.2
Web Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.1 with Suhosin-Patch
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
WebServer User/Group: 33 / 33
Relevant PHP Settings:
Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
File Uploads: ON
Maximum File Upload Size: 2M
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: No
Disabled Functions: none
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

For extended information, you can see join file.

User rflores:
is there any way that the checksum take account the modifications into the edited file

Not sure I understand the question. Can you please rephrase?

PS: I normally run this script with php -q create_file_list upgrade 1 >> upgrade2.php (note upgrade2 to prevent the script from overwriting itself).

Well, I tought create_file_list script was introduced in the upgrade.php script so that modification on him would change the checksum, but it's not the case I believe. By the way when I edit directly the file, the checksum was not good, the file considered as corrupted. If we modify the file, as described in documentation, it causes this problem (for my case).

It's all. Smile

Note the -q option on PHP does not work for me, it's not an available option. My man php page in PDF is joined.
  • Attachment: phpinfo.zip
    (Size: 9.61KB, Downloaded 818 times)
  • Attachment: manphp.zip
    (Size: 9.29KB, Downloaded 775 times)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Several topics with sqlite
Next Topic: Warning at deleting a user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 18:05:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02524 seconds