FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » HTML-to-FUDcode translation (Some quotes and edits translate improperly)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159815] Sat, 27 June 2009 16:29 Go to next message
art is currently offline  art   United States
Hello, I don't know if this is a bug or not.

I notice a problem quoting or editing messages with nested tags.

One example is when an IMG tag is nested within a URL tag. This makes a "clickable image", one that has a URL link. It translates to the proper HTML going into the system, but when extracted (for editing or to be used as a quote), the resulting string contains partial HTML and partial FUDcode. If this mistranslated text isn't modified, it will not display properly when posted.

Here's an example: http://www.forum-software.org/sites/default/files/images/fudforum-logo.thumbnail.png

(Click the logo to see the FUDforum Features page.)

If this post is quoted on my site (which uses FUDforum 2.8.0), the tags will be scrambled.

Any suggestions?
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159816 is a reply to message #159815] Sat, 27 June 2009 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
If I remember correctly, this was fixed in 2.8.1. Please upgrade and let us know if you still have problems.
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159822 is a reply to message #159816] Sun, 28 June 2009 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I wonder if I could hand edit in the requisite changes? You wouldn't happen to know where the code is that fixed the translation problem, would you? Maybe I could compare 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 and patch it manually.
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159824 is a reply to message #159822] Sun, 28 June 2009 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try to apply this patch: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11889
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159840 is a reply to message #159824] Sun, 28 June 2009 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed that file, but I still get weird translation on quotes or edits. Thanks for telling me where the file is that deals with that though, because now I can look at it and maybe add some new match patterns.

One of the cases that doesn't match is this:

(url=urlpath)(img)imgpath(/img)(/url)(b)(url)text(/url)(/b)

This gets translated into appropriate HTML going in.

Coming out, it looks like this:

(url=urlpath)(img=imgpath)imgpath" />(/url)(b)(url=urlpath)(/img)text</a>(/b)

For sake of discusison, "[" is replaced with "(" and "]" with ")".
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159847 is a reply to message #159840] Sun, 28 June 2009 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you rebuild the theme after applying the patch?
Re: HTML-to-FUDcode translation [message #159856 is a reply to message #159847] Mon, 29 June 2009 03:16 Go to previous message
No, I did not. Silly me.

Doing that now...

That's got it. We're good.

Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: why i cannot add a new Category of Forum
Next Topic: Can't scroll in pm's
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:36:12 GMT 2024