FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » After login, front page links don't work
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
After login, front page links don't work [message #160351] Mon, 24 August 2009 22:17 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
Houston, we have a major problem here. After you log into the forum, it doesn't work. Links on the front page don't do anything. The only way to get the forum to work is to log off, which the links don't allow you to do. IN IE 8, you can click the compatability button and it takes you back to a pre-login state of affairs. Otherwise, I assume only clearing the cache will log you out.

Here is the only thing I did before all of this happened.

1. activated path-urls and changed my theme to path-url kind.

2. created a new template that was path-url, and changed the appearance of my front page. Added a header. Nothing big. A simple table.

3. I notice that when I try to rebuild the themes, it really doesn't do anything. I get a message at the top of my screen saying "rebuilding theme ..." but it never goes away or never does anything. Just like a frozen picture.

Any help out there Houston?
Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160352 is a reply to message #160351] Mon, 24 August 2009 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... note, this problem started happening right after I set up a new theme.
Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160353 is a reply to message #160351] Mon, 24 August 2009 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Houston, the problem is in the url-linking. Evidentally, my ship can't handle that. Once I disabled it and went back to the mely-mouthed urls, all systems were go.

(You guys like the space talk?)

Anyway, problem resolved!
Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160354 is a reply to message #160351] Mon, 24 August 2009 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uhm. I'm sorry to bother you, but my ship appears to have really crashed this time. I can't log into my forum. My board doesn't work. The links don't click anything. I just turned OFF path-linking. It was working fine while I remained logged in as an administrator. But now that I am logged off, it doesn't work, and it won't let me in.

What do you do when that happens?
Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160356 is a reply to message #160351] Mon, 24 August 2009 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem here is very simple. When logged off, I am experiencing path urls. I think when logged on, I would be experiencing non-path urls. The thing was working fine logged on. When I logged off, I could no longer use it. All links go to nowhere. (the front page). Hence, I cannot get to my log

I have a very simple question. It should be very easy to answer. What is the name of the loggin page if you are using non-path urls?/?

Example. Before switching to paths, you could find message searching here: http://seanwilson.org/forum/index.php?t=mnav&S=1d6d99cc26d4e73d572c35b2 f0223542

See the question marks and the letters after it? That's the key.

If I want to find message searching with path-urls, it looks like this: http://seanwilson.org/forum/index.php/ma/S=0a1e892a3727eb5810fa41c9976b2518

If I could only find the true login page url, I could login and fix this. But because path urls don't work for me, it's hidden. And because I've already erased by internet history and cache, I can't go there.

Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160358 is a reply to message #160356] Tue, 25 August 2009 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Try http://seanwilson.org/forum/adm/admloginuser.php

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: After login, front page links don't work [message #160360 is a reply to message #160351] Tue, 25 August 2009 02:06 Go to previous message
... thank you!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fud API Error
Next Topic: Upgraded to 2.8.1, Now Post Notification Emails are munged
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 19:52:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03234 seconds