FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Test Forum » RDF problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
RDF problems [message #160769] Thu, 22 October 2009 15:57 Go to next message
Anonymous   Russian Federation
Right now I've almost finished backup tool for FUD Forum for users without database access (through RDF). And I noticed some bugs.

1) no message date field in ht tp://fudforum.org/forum/feed.php?mode=m&th=118734 (omg, I can't even post link to this forum?)
2) no access to RDF feed in private forums. Cookies are ignored. This is for 2.7.3, could not check with newer versions. You can try the link above with thread id for private thread.
3) different date formats in forum and thread feeds (basic=1 for thread feed, that's where I take dates from).

Also, I've got no registration email since yesterday (user Zverik).
Re: RDF problems [message #160772 is a reply to message #160769] Thu, 22 October 2009 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
That version of FUDforum belongs in a museum. I will reconsider your request if you can simulate it on a recent (2009 vintage) release.
Re: RDF problems [message #160775 is a reply to message #160769] Thu, 22 October 2009 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
I could reproduce the missing date information in the messages feed. The attached patch (against current CVS) will add it. Apart from that, it will correct a small typo in attachment information and fix XML syntax in case no data for the feed could be found.
While being at it, I added support for the date information to the RDF parser and made a small improvement to its display of the category the message has been posted in.

As far as I know FUDforum does not authenticate users individually based on their cookies. By default all messages will get into the feed. The administrator can set an user for feed authentication. The feed will then contain the messages the specified user has access to.

I can't understand/reproduce the problem with the different dates format.
Re: RDF problems [message #160783 is a reply to message #160775] Fri, 23 October 2009 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Russian Federation
OP's here.

You're right, date formats are consistent in latest version.
Still, dates are not included in thread basic=0 feed.

When receiving HTML pages of threads, cookies get checked: this is the way I backup private threads now. But when trying to get RDF feed for private threads, cookies are not looked at. Maybe you should add some authorization, like &user=000&passwordmd5=ABCDEF
Re: RDF problems [message #160786 is a reply to message #160769] Fri, 23 October 2009 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
Like I said I can reproduce the problem with the missing date information. The patch I attached above should add it. In case it turns out to be good enough it would hopefully be included in one of the next releases.

I think user authentication might be something worth looking into. It seems many feed readers support HTTP authentication, but it won't work on all servers (requires PHP running as apache module).
Re: RDF problems [message #160807 is a reply to message #160786] Sat, 24 October 2009 21:30 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks! Patch was applied as per http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=12062
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: ???????? ??????? ??????? ???????
Next Topic: test
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:55:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02461 seconds