FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+ [message #160832] Mon, 26 October 2009 09:56 Go to next message
fargw is currently offline  fargw
Is there anybody who has been able to integrate recent versions of FUDForum with egw 1.6 ?
Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

I believe it would be a good opportunity for FUDForum to increase its popularity.

Ilia, please help us!

Thank you in advance.

Re: Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+ [message #160833 is a reply to message #160832] Mon, 26 October 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
What level of integration is required (not sure how it was done previously)?

How are other apps integrated with egroupware? Is there a set of hooks that can be used for the integration?

Where will userid's be stored (FUDforum's DB, egroupware's DB or both)?
Re: Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+ [message #160836 is a reply to message #160833] Tue, 27 October 2009 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fargw is currently offline  fargw
naudefj wrote on Mon, 26 October 2009 11:49
What level of integration is required (not sure how it was done previously)?

How are other apps integrated with egroupware? Is there a set of hooks that can be used for the integration?

Where will userid's be stored (FUDforum's DB, egroupware's DB or both)?

Dear naudefj,
thanks for your reply.

Here is a tentative list of requirements.
- FUDForum should authenticate users using egroupware's mechanism
- FUDForum should be able to use existing egroupware's user groups

- FUDForum should be used as an egroupware application in the sense that it should appear "inside" egw, accessible through a menu item
- the EGW administrator should be able to install/uninstall FUDForum
- the EGW administrator should be able to acticate/deactivate FUDForum globally
- the EGW administrator should be able to enable/disable FUDForum for certain groups/users
- FUDForum should user EGW SMTP configuration for sending email notifications

I would leave out integration of the authorization mechanisms, as it may be problematic.

The integration with other apps may be weak or null.

Egroupware should be the main application, that is, userid's will be stored in egroupware's DB (maybe both?)
Re: Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+ [message #160838 is a reply to message #160836] Tue, 27 October 2009 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I know FUDforum fairly well, but have never used nor installed EGW. Is there an integration guide that explains the required steps?

It would be great if we can work together on the integration. I'm not prepared to spend hours on this all by myself (unless I'm somehow compensated for it).

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Howto integrate FUDforum in egroupware 1.6+ [message #160873 is a reply to message #160838] Wed, 04 November 2009 23:59 Go to previous message
fargw is currently offline  fargw   Italy
naudefj wrote on Tue, 27 October 2009 13:38
I know FUDforum fairly well, but have never used nor installed EGW. Is there an integration guide that explains the required steps?

It would be great if we can work together on the integration. I'm not prepared to spend hours on this all by myself (unless I'm somehow compensated for it).

Best regards.

Frank

Sorry for the delay.

Actually I've not been able to find a step-by-step tutorial on how to write egroupware modules except for this one

http ://egroupware.org/egroupware/etemplate/doc/etemplate.html

which also includes details about eTemplate which are not relevant for the integration.

It would be sufficient to integrate autentication mechanisms. Maybe I'll start reading the fudforum wiki page on Login_integration

thank you again

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Link in notification email
Next Topic: FUDforum in Egroupware
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:03:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05442 seconds