FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Invite plugin, suggestion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160887] Thu, 05 November 2009 15:41 Go to next message
dmitriy is currently offline  dmitriy   Belgium
Hello
Is not there an option to settle registration on a forum only by invitations?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2009 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160893 is a reply to message #160887] Thu, 05 November 2009 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Not sure I fully understand your question! But if you are asking about private members only forums (membership by invitation only) simply create the forum, set the 'Visible, read, post, and reply" permissions for registered and anonymous users too NO; assign a group leader and proceed.

Anonymous and registered users will not see it and the only ones who can see read or post will be the members physically added by the admin and or the assigned group leaders,

You can also make it so the forum is visible but not readable so your users know its there (add a comment in the description telling the users who to request membership through). You might also want to include some htaccess files and or robots text files to further discourage prying eyes.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160894 is a reply to message #160893] Thu, 05 November 2009 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmitriy is currently offline  dmitriy   Belgium
The Witcher wrote on Thu, 05 November 2009 14:19
Not sure I fully understand your question! But if you are asking about private members only forums (membership by invitation only) simply create the forum, set the 'Visible, read, post, and reply" permissions for registered and anonymous users too NO; assign a group leader and proceed.

Anonymous and registered users will not see it and the only ones who can see read or post will be the members physically added by the admin and or the assigned group leaders,

You can also make it so the forum is visible but not readable so your users know its there (add a comment in the description telling the users who to request membership through). You might also want to include some htaccess files and or robots text files to further discourage prying eyes.

I mean that any new user must have unique code (invite) for registration
For example there.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2009 19:48]

Report message to a moderator

icon6.gif  Re: Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160898 is a reply to message #160894] Thu, 05 November 2009 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok! Two things: I don't read Ukrainian and that appears to be an "Invision Power Board" Forum not a FUDforum.

So there is not too much I can do, however I believe the principals are the same so a little imagination should allow you to accomplish what you want.

If it is Invision software you might have more luck with their support group.

If it were a FUDforum and if I understand you right that you want anonymous users to already have a code first in order to register (Invite)I would suggest looking into assigning a password to anonymous and allowing multiple logins to see if that would work (Try it on a test installation FIRST).

Other than coding it (which is beyond me) that's the only option I can think of off hand. But I still think you can manage it with the permissions system and a little imagination.

Re: Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160943 is a reply to message #160898] Sat, 07 November 2009 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can write a simple captcha plugin to ask for a registration code. For example, look at Riddlecaptcha.plugin.
icon6.gif  Re: Invite plugin, suggestion [message #160947 is a reply to message #160943] Sat, 07 November 2009 13:32 Go to previous message
I saw that in the admin panel and wondered about it, that sounds like a much simpler and better solution.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: RSS/RDF Feed Include Author of Message
Next Topic: Quick reply
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:27:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02570 seconds