FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Accidental moderator (Can't remove moderator's priveleges)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Accidental moderator [message #161320] Mon, 07 December 2009 05:57 Go to next message
gorm is currently offline  gorm
After I played a bit with user groups one of my users innformed me that he can edit all messages in two of my forums. However I do not see these priveleges in his settings and in settings of these forums and he is not a member of any group. After resetting his password and entering under his name I indeed see that he can edit all messages in two forums. Please help.
Re: Accidental moderator [message #161321 is a reply to message #161320] Mon, 07 December 2009 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please provide a test case or describe your user and forum settings in detail so we can try to reproduce the problem? What is different between these forums and the rest of the forums on your site?
Re: Accidental moderator [message #161322 is a reply to message #161321] Mon, 07 December 2009 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorm is currently offline  gorm   Russian Federation
naudefj писал(а) Пнд, 07 Декабрь 2009 01:06
Can you please provide a test case or describe your user and forum settings in detail so we can try to reproduce the problem? What is different between these forums and the rest of the forums on your site?

I am sorry. After another check I found that I accidentally set for these two forums the flag "edit messages" for registered users as I thought that it allows a user to edit his own messages only. However this possibility looks inconcistent and dangerous. I think that this option should be available only in some separate menu for priviledged users only. Hence another question - is it possible to set different time for editing own messages for different groups of users? For example I would like to allow this editing only for registered users. This in fact was the reason of my mistake.
Re: Accidental moderator [message #161325 is a reply to message #161322] Mon, 07 December 2009 16:10 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can also adjust -

ACP:
Edit Time Limit (minutes):
This sets the length of time a message can be edited before message editing is disabled.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems sending NNTP messages.
Next Topic: bug when registering a new user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:51:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02412 seconds