FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Translations » Localization issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Localization issue [message #161487] Wed, 30 December 2009 11:58 Go to next message
Buttons is currently offline  Buttons   Finland
Please regenerate FUDforum localized buttons (example: flat_view.gif and tree_view.gif ), because some of them have a ugly typos. Those seems to be fixed in messages file (example: btn_flat_view and btn_tree_view), but image files are not updated.

EDIT: Yes, fudforum/trunk/install/forum_data/thm/default/i18n/fi/img/

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Localization issue [message #161490 is a reply to message #161487] Wed, 30 December 2009 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I assume you are referring to the Finish buttons?

Witcher, can you possibly help with this?
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161503 is a reply to message #161487] Fri, 01 January 2010 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Buttons wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 05:58
Please regenerate FUDforum localized buttons (example: flat_view.gif and tree_view.gif ), because some of them have a ugly typos. Those seems to be fixed in messages file (example: btn_flat_view and btn_tree_view), but image files are not updated.

EDIT: Yes, fudforum/trunk/install/forum_data/thm/default/i18n/fi/img/

Yes, I'll see what I can do.

If I understand correctly you need new buttons for Finish language "flat_view.gif and tree_view.gif" to correct ugly typos.

Please give me the correct translations and specify which typos you refer to for any others, and I will remake them as you specify.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Localization issue [message #161506 is a reply to message #161503] Sat, 02 January 2010 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Here are the translations for the Finish buttons from the 'msg' file:

New Topic - Uusi aihe
New P.Message - Uusi yksityisviesti
Post Reply - Lähetä vastaus
Tree view - Puunäkymä
Flat view - Tasonäkymä
Profile - Profiili
PM - Yksityisviesti
delete - poista
edit - muokkaa
reply - vastaa
forward - välitä
quote - lainaa
Email - Sähköposti
posts - viestit
www - www
Re: Localization issue [message #161534 is a reply to message #161506] Mon, 04 January 2010 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, those are correct.
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161554 is a reply to message #161534] Thu, 07 January 2010 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buttons wrote on Mon, 04 January 2010 15:44
Yes, those are correct.

Being correct seems to be a problem! No matter how I try some of the text will not fit into the allowed space and remain fully legible.

New P.Message - Uusi yksityisviesti; for example will not fit into the space allowed, even at 8pt with the graphics removed it just barely fits; to the point where I cannot even use bold so the text appears small and faded.

Shorter terms like New Topic - Uusi aihe, fit just fine even at 11pt bold with the graphics so I need to know if there are any shorter terms/words that would be acceptable for: PM - Yksityisviesti, Email - Sähköposti, Post Reply - Lähetä vastaus, quick reply - nopea vastaus, and New P.Message - Uusi yksityisviesti in particular?

Re: Localization issue [message #161556 is a reply to message #161554] Thu, 07 January 2010 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher wrote on Thu, 07 January 2010 12:27

Shorter terms like New Topic - Uusi aihe, fit just fine even at 11pt bold with the graphics so I need to know if there are any shorter terms/words that would be acceptable for: PM - Yksityisviesti, Email - Sähköposti, Post Reply - Lähetä vastaus, quick reply - nopea vastaus, and New P.Message - Uusi yksityisviesti in particular?

Well, shorter (quite) acceptable terms are:
PM: Yv
New P.Message: Uusi yviesti
Email: s-posti

Post Reply is already fine in trunk (fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum/trunk/install/forum_data/thm/ default/i18n/fi/img/post_reply.gif?revision=4869) Post Reply - Lähetä vastaus, quick reply - nopea vastaus

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2010 23:33]

icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161601 is a reply to message #161556] Fri, 15 January 2010 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buttons wrote on Thu, 07 January 2010 17:24
Well, shorter (quite) acceptable terms are:
PM: Yv
New P.Message: Uusi yviesti
Email: s-posti

Post Reply is already fine in trunk (fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fudforum/trunk/install/forum_data/thm/ default/i18n/fi/img/post_reply.gif?revision=4869) Post Reply - Lähetä vastaus, quick reply - nopea vastaus

Try as I might I have not been able to get the text to come out clearly on some of the longer terms while keeping the original icons.

For example New P.Message: Uusi yviesti, still comes out as indistinct and faded.

I could try using text only on those if you think that would suffice? I would prefer to keep the icons so I am asking a friend who has more experience with graphics to give it a go!

Re: Localization issue [message #161713 is a reply to message #161601] Sun, 31 January 2010 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher het op Fri, 15 January 2010 22:14 geskryf:
I could try using text only on those if you think that would suffice? I would prefer to keep the icons so I am asking a friend who has more experience with graphics to give it a go!

Any luck yet? It is crucial that we resolve this before making a new release available.
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161719 is a reply to message #161713] Sun, 31 January 2010 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could not keep the images on all of them and keep them legible, but these should work fine. Let me know if you need more.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2010 20:13]

Re: Localization issue [message #161742 is a reply to message #161719] Tue, 02 February 2010 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. Can someone put these to the FUDforum trunk (SVN)?
Re: Localization issue [message #161743 is a reply to message #161742] Tue, 02 February 2010 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thank you Mr. Witcher!

PS: I've noticed you've used 2 text colours for the 'default' buttons. Is this intentional? Can I commit it like this?
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161749 is a reply to message #161743] Tue, 02 February 2010 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 06:43

PS: I've noticed you've used 2 text colours for the 'default' buttons. Is this intentional? Can I commit it like this?

You are right again; the "WWW" was a brighter blue than the others, replaced it.

Re: Localization issue [message #161799 is a reply to message #161749] Sun, 07 February 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't want to be difficult, but some buttons are still in a different colour.
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #161805 is a reply to message #161799] Mon, 08 February 2010 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 05:09
I don't want to be difficult, but some buttons are still in a different colour.

It's not you that is difficult. It is the buttons themselves that are difficult.

Caprica and I had already noted the slight differences in color, which appears to have something to do with the fact that we're using "Paint" to edit the text (we still haven't figured out how to use "Gimp" to edit the text).

The problem is compounded by the length of some of the words, which requires erasing all or part of some of the icons. For some reason, even when we use the exact, same color, font and size some text comes out faded and/or illegible as viewed in windows, however they look ok in use (Firefox).

I had already deleted my work copies but we redid them from scratch, they still are not as crisp and sharp as I would like, but this is about as good as we can get them at this time. We will continue to work on making them more distinct.

I had hoped that http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=118934&start=0& would provide a way to colorize the buttons, via the CSS, but it looks like that has not happened.

Re: Localization issue [message #162118 is a reply to message #161805] Sun, 21 March 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
These buttons are still not of sufficient quality to commit:
1. Buttons doesn't look the same (different colour).
2. The new buttons are not transparent any more.

I would appreciate if someone can help us to fix them up.
icon6.gif  Re: Localization issue [message #162125 is a reply to message #162118] Mon, 22 March 2010 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Sun, 21 March 2010 15:35
I would appreciate if someone can help us to fix them up.

I'll attack it again and see if I can do better.

Re: Localization issue [message #162134 is a reply to message #161487] Wed, 24 March 2010 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least these two should be fixed before next release:
Tree view - Puunäkymä
Flat view - Tasonäkymä

You can ignore the other icon changes. All other can be as they are now. Cheers.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2010 10:48]

Re: Localization issue [message #162137 is a reply to message #162125] Wed, 24 March 2010 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The Witcher wrote:
I'll attack it again and see if I can do better.

Thanks, but I think I managed to figure out how to do it myself.

Mr. Buttons, I uploaded the new images to this site. Can you please verify that they are OK?
Re: Localization issue [message #162138 is a reply to message #162137] Wed, 24 March 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, those seems to be fine.
Re: Localization issue [message #186991 is a reply to message #162138] Mon, 19 October 2015 08:03 Go to previous message
BrookLarson is currently offline  BrookLarson   United Kingdom
So, was the translation successful?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Translate russian language
Next Topic: Forum language to latin?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:55:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02526 seconds