FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » NNTP import stuck in a loop
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NNTP import stuck in a loop [message #161670] Tue, 26 January 2010 23:57 Go to next message
LADave is currently offline  LADave   United States
I have a USENET topic that is getting stuck in a loop when importing NNTP messages. Basically it keeps appending the same replies to the FUDForum topic over and over and the thread keeps growing and growing.

The thread is titled
"this is ultimate" blows

Any chance the double quotes are throwing things off?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm currently disabling the site until I can figure this out.

Thanks,
Dave
Re: NNTP import stuck in a loop [message #161673 is a reply to message #161670] Wed, 27 January 2010 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The quotes shouldn't cause problems. Please post or mail me setup details so I can reproduce the problem on my system.
Re: NNTP import stuck in a loop [message #161678 is a reply to message #161673] Wed, 27 January 2010 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LADave is currently offline  LADave   United States
naudefj wrote on Wed, 27 January 2010 01:09
The quotes shouldn't cause problems. Please post or mail me setup details so I can reproduce the problem on my system.

Sent you an email with info that should help you get an idea of what's happening. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help you out.

Thanks,
Dave
Re: NNTP import stuck in a loop [message #161681 is a reply to message #161678] Wed, 27 January 2010 21:02 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
For future reference -

Dave wrote:
It appears the site isn't still having the same problem making me think the USENET host had a weird error which caused FUDForum to get confused and import duplicates. For now it seems it is only importing new messages and that I'll just have to take some time to delete all the duplicates.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: slow reply
Next Topic: NNTP Sync PHP Warning
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:32:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02267 seconds