FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Any Examples of Subject/Body Regex Mangling ?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Any Examples of Subject/Body Regex Mangling ? [message #161851] Sat, 13 February 2010 16:16 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
Does anyone have a link to various examples of strings used for subject/body mangling? It would be helpful to have a few examples to use for common situations. Also, can you add these basic examples to the help/documentation at

http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Mailing_List_Manager

I traced down this (easy) case to remove off a string in the subject that is added by the mail list use the following setup

Replace Mask : "/string/"
Replace With: ""

Without the quotes. Note that there is nothing in second box (modified) and the replace with text box.

Also, if there is a "[" or "]" character you need to add an escape character like: I'm sure there are other characters that need to be escaped.

Replace Mask : "/\[string\]/ "
Replace With: " "

Finally note that the "/" characters are already in the form so you don't need to type those.

I'm looking for the settings to remove everything after the signature delimiter. In my case, the footer starts with "------------------------------------" and I'd like to remove that and everything after it to the end of the text.

Cheers,

James.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2010 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any Examples of Subject/Body Regex Mangling ? [message #162293 is a reply to message #161851] Wed, 21 April 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Kwoteer:
I'm looking for the settings to remove everything after the signature delimiter.

You can try -
Replace Mask: "/------------------------------------.*$/"
Replace With: ""
Re: Any Examples of Subject/Body Regex Mangling ? [message #184946 is a reply to message #162293] Tue, 18 February 2014 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshannon is currently offline  rshannon
Re Mailman mailing list footer mangling, see http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=118460&goto=184591& ;#msg_184591

Re: Any Examples of Subject/Body Regex Mangling ? [message #186531 is a reply to message #184946] Sat, 06 September 2014 11:16 Go to previous message
anamika is currently offline  anamika
I just found out that an email reminder for having deleted a post also comes with the "�" subject. I guess some area for email processing must be broken in our installation. If anybody has ideas where to check, it would be much appreciated.

anamika
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: last post - first show
Next Topic: FUDFORUM INSTALLER Wanted
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:50:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02492 seconds