FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Focus to Message Text Box After Preview
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Focus to Message Text Box After Preview [message #161852] Sat, 13 February 2010 17:30 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
It would be nice if focus was set by default to the text box after a message preview. Then you can just start typing again and editing the text without needing the mouse.

Cheers,

James.
Re: Focus to Message Text Box After Preview [message #161857 is a reply to message #161852] Sat, 13 February 2010 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I'm not sure it's such a good idea. The focus must be on the preview (that's what the user wants to see). If you focus on the textarea the preview might be scrolled out of sight.
Re: Focus to Message Text Box After Preview [message #161861 is a reply to message #161857] Sun, 14 February 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
I don't mean the focus in terms of what the user sees. I mean that the location of the cursor is in the text box so that you could start typing again without using the mouse. Maybe that's not possible, I have no idea. But it would be good if it could be done.

James.
Re: Focus to Message Text Box After Preview [message #161863 is a reply to message #161861] Sun, 14 February 2010 05:05 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Would be nice, but I don't think it is possible.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can the Posting Icons and Buttons be Hidden?
Next Topic: Email Address Mangling
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:37:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02822 seconds